Anti-Vaxxers

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Feb 5, 2015.

?

Do you believe Parents should legally have to immunize/vaccinate their children?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

west virginia too.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes, that's what I put in post #21. However, with some wealthy enclaves at up to 60% non-vaccinated for total bullshit reasons, the state legislature is now preparing to review and possibly tighten up those excuses.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

But it does affect other people. It increases the costs of liability insurance for everybody, it increases the costs of medical insurance for everybody, and it puts additional strain on police and EMS respondersand emergency rooms. It increases the expense of court settlements, lawyers fees, and other indirect costs.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats a reach. and so does drinking a big gulp. lets legislate everything.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Shane, the problem with that philosophy, when it comes to public health, is that irresponsibility on one's part can jeopardize the greater whole. Same thing with "don't make me buy insurance." OK, then never go to the doctor or hospital cause I have to pay for you.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not the same and you are looking right past the obvious. Scroll back a page and read tirk post. He said it nicely.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't mind the laws about chidlren being buckled up. Certainly, an adult can make a bone-headed decison about him or herself, but failing to restrain a child is failure to protect a person who cannot protect himself.

I realize that we all survived without being buckled up, but perhaps we were lucky. I used to stand on the seat beside my mom or dad while they drove me to daycare. That could have ended badly. These days, there are few that jeopardize their children like that, probably because of the laws, along with being better educated about the dangers.

My nearly ten-year-old just stopped using a booster seat, but of course, she's still tiny, weighing in at 55 pounds. But my daughters don't even question using a seatbelt because it's all they've ever known, and until it became a law to wear a seatbelt, I know no one in my family ever wore one.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

nothing about that. i already said kids are different. not about being lucky. its about keeping the government out of our fucking lives. dont tell me what toaster to use, what car to drive or what not to shove down my gullet. much less what i need to wear in my car to protect me from me. i wear my seatbelt. irrelevant.

9. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

You better be wearing your seatbelt when you go buy your compact fluorescent light bulbs!

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I order mine online. I'm afraid to go anywhere and risk breaking some law I don't know about.

Tiger Exile likes this.