Anti-Vaxxers

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Feb 5, 2015.

?

Do you believe Parents should legally have to immunize/vaccinate their children?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Stop drinking in the afternoon, Gilligan.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

umm got the flu or some shit. and i rarely drink. not because i dont want to, just not working into the schedule.

but i did drink a big gulp. the diabetes and insurance rates are out of control because of it. lets legislate it. oh wait, i remember reading it already has. when will it stop.

Goodbye Big Gulps In Mayor Bloomberg's New York, Hello Big Government

Comment Now
    Michael Bloomberg’s much maligned sugary drink regulation, banning the sale of beverages larger than 16-ounces in restaurants, movie theaters, and food carts. Despite growing disdain among New Yorkers and a groundswell of opposition from the city’s already-struggling small business owners, the city will proceed to regulate New Yorkers’ beverage choices beginning in March 2013.

Bloomberg insists that his sugary-drink ban will help reduce obesity in the city. He also argues it’s really no ban at all, just a tool to help people better understand how much sugar they consume.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi...yor-bloombergs-new-york-hello-big-government/

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They only make you wear one because public services will be the ones scraping you off the pavement.

LSU_Sooner likes this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The Feds require all children to be educated. I'd say there is a bigger risk to a child after 12 years of public school than there is from a few shots.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes and his point was that is different than kids running around spreading ebola.

and that they shouldnt be allowed to infect all the other curtain crawlers because their parents are idiots.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Some kids need to be protected from their idiot parents. Some years ago I read a story in the paper about a 15 year old boy who had died of starvation. His parents and sister were also just at about the point of starvation. When the police arrested the father they found over $4,000 in cash on him. When asked why he didn't spend some of that money on food the father said he couldn't. It wasn't his money. It was God's money.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I bet it's different for those parents whose kids are immunocompromised because of cancer or some other disease and can't get a vaccine.