Antonio Blakeney to the D League, uh, Europe

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Antonio Blakeney declare for the NBA draft but said he is not hiring an agent. If they don't like him he can come back and play for the Faltering Jones's

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Buh bye Mr Patrick. Another one bites the dust.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I think Blakeney will be back for one more year.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Depends a lot on whether he gets invited to the combine or not

5. Tiger in NC

true, but at least from what I've read, he is currently ranked as the 35th best early-entry prospect. combine that with all of the upper classmen who are draft eligible and it is hard to imagine him cracking the top two rounds. that said, considering how this season went I couldn't blame the kid for accepting a D league assignment or playing in Europe for a year. his statement to LSU and Tiger fans didn't seem like he intended to return but, like you say, it will all depend upon the reception he gets from scouts.

TheRealist and Brian like this.
  6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I really was excited when JJ got the job, I can not believe how things have turned out. TCU just rolled out the check book for over 3mil to get Jamie Dixon back to Fort Worth.

Brian likes this.
  7. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

I wasn't, nor were any of my fellow LSU Alums or Fans that I know!

We all knew exactly the reasons of why he was hired and knew how it was going to turn out...................

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

When's the laat time you were excited about anything Lsu related. I mean besides post NC victories.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think the vibe was pretty good last year around basketball, making the tourney and having a badass recruiting class coming in. Then poop.

10. Tiger in NC

The very nature of being a fan is wanting to be optimistic about what comes next. This has certainly been my sentiment toward anything LSU sports related. The JJ hire wasn't inspiring to me or anything but I obviously wanted to see him succeed and for us all to be pleasantly surprised. As of today, I feel like JJ was hired because he was the next guy in line.....similar to Mitt Romney winning the R nomination in 2012, but not necessarily because he was the best candidate for the job, or even the best our money could buy. Eventually, if LSU is serious about having a competitive basketball program we have to invest the money in a coach who can recruit and can coach the X's and O's.

LSUBraveheart likes this.