Any concerns based on the past 2 games, going into this game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BrettStah, Sep 11, 2006.

1. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

OK, we looked awesome so far, but Auburn is a big step up in competition, which we can all agree on I'm sure.

So what concerns you going into the game this weekend?

Special teams is a concern for me - hopefully the fumbling on the punt returns are a thing of the past.

I also noticed during the last game that there were a few occasions where the Arizona QB correctly identified the blitz that was coming, and threw the short dump-off pass to the side, but simply overthrew (no doubt because of the blitz :)). But if the passes had been on target, the receiver/back who caught it would have (seemingly) had a relatively open field through with to run to pick up decent yardage. I think Cox will be more apt to connect on those passes. That's something that didn't really hurt us so far, which could potentially hurt us this week - I think/hope that the LSU coaches are smart enough to find those types of things even after such an overwhelmingly positive performance, since they have to know Auburn will look for them.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Offensive line. This is their first big test and they need to be able to run block and pass protect for us to have a chance to win.

3. RenegadeSith

RenegadeSith Freshman

What concerns me the most is our running game. I think we have talent in the RB/TB positions, but our up the middle game leaves a bit to be desired.

Auburn definitely has a tough team this year, but I think we can handle 'em!!
    [​IMG]

Visit Renegade's BS

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

LSU was trying to have knee MRI done on Will Arnold this past weekend for his knee problems. Not sure what effect this will have on him starting this weekend. Hope the others coming in step up their play.
    ________
    Tevan

5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Easily my biggest concern is the amount of turnovers we're STILL giving up. We were one of the worst schools in all the NCAA as far as turn over ratio's are concerned and the past 2 games have done nothing to remove those concerns from me. If we turn over the ball 3 times to Auburn like we did with AZ, it's gonna be a LONG night.

6. COTiger

OUCH, that's not what I wanted to read :eek:

7. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I am still optimistic that other players may step up, if necessary; that will be one of the tests for the team's character.
    ________
    CHEVROLET BEAUVILLE

8. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Of all of the areas to have a player step up, it'll be the O-line. Isn't someone's hand broken? I can't remember a name.

For me it's turnovers. You can't make them against Auburn. I get the feeling CLM can't impress this on his players enough.

9. COTiger

Big Herman is Will's backup. At least he has some game experience.

In Miles comments after the game Dyakowski's hand injury was the most significant injury mentioned.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Probably not, but luckily they read TigerForums to pick up things like that that they may have overlooked.

Ranked 33rd in that category, actually. Doucet's fumble was one of extra effort, so no problem there. JR's interception was just carelesness, but we were coasting at the time. The problem of catching punts appears to be fixed.