Any concerns based on the past 2 games, going into this game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BrettStah, Sep 11, 2006.

1. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Dyakowski will be casted and will play this Sat.
    ________
    The cigar boss

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

3. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

O-line is a concern in all areas, run blocking up the middle, pass protection to minimize JR's bad decision making when he gets hurried, and knowing how to pick up different blitzes that Muschamp will be showing.

Turnovers are a concern also. We've seen too too many TO's for such easy games, punt returns (2), interception (1), fumbles (2). That is unacceptable against piss poor teams and these TO's were done by starters, this will give AU an easy win if this carries over into the Auburn game.

I'm worried about RB's health also. AB won't be in there very long I don't think, plus I'm always worried about him getting reinjured, and I don't think JV sees a lot of time either due to injury recovery and his lack of performance lately. Therefore the rookies will get a lot of playing time. This concerns me also, even though I have confidence in their ability and talent, they will be fun to watch. It is just that them not having experience in an SEC game is always a concern.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Turnovers are always a valid cause for concern. Hopefully they will diminish as the season goes on and the opponents get stronger. Just curious. Did Auburn have any turnover problems against their warmup cupcakes?

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Looking at their stats, they've had 2 lost fumbles and no INT's.

6. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I am concerned about our running game -- specifically our run blocking. While we have ran well later in the games, it doesn't seem like we have 'established the run' early.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

turnovers number one and an overpursuing defense on the other. I noticed the same as you about the guys open in the flats with tui missing the guy each time. Could result in big plays on screens, end-arounds etc. Maybe tj or beckwith can bust cox in the mouth early with the same results.

8. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

My biggest concern, by far, is the Jimbo-Muschamp battle of wits on tap this Saturday.

This offense is playing very well right now, mostly due to JR playing the best ball of his career. If Will Muschamp can get under JR's skin a bit by confusing him, etc., then the rest of the offense suffers. Sure, you can *say* Matt Flynn is available to save the day but, c'mon, who among you really want to see us pull our starting QB on the road in the biggest game of the season?

JR's arm strength and accuracy and the WRs catching passes is something no team has had to face from LSU since 2003...and, even then, Mauck's arm strength was nothing compared to JR.

We get Alley and the RBs rolling enough to pull up those safeties and JR can dot an i some 60 yards downfield (see LaFell versus ULL).

9. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

COTiger,
    Where did you find the stats? I couldn't find them on CBS.

I noticed against MSU, Irons had 69 yds on 21 carries and Lester had 40. This is a MSU defense!!!!
    If MSU can do this, I would think LSU could do much better and keep these guys under 100 yds rushing.

However, with the running game not being extremely effective, that means that Cox has been on the money passing and the WR's are looking good, so far.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ