Any "contract" talk you hear about re:Saban for over 5 years is baloney...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jan 8, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

State law prohibits any state employee (which Saban is considered) from signing more than a "five year rollover" contract, in which the fifth year is perpetually rolled over ad infinitum...

There have been grumblings about a 10 year annuity feature to be offered to him as "compensation" that will number in the tens of millions, much like the five year annuity he currently has in place...

But any "source" who says LSU is offering more than a 5 year contract isn't credible...

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So...where you been?

3. TigerEducated

Well, it's a long one...

A combination of...

The Holidays...Christmas and New Year's are a zany time for me because it's the Holidays, AND it's my birthday...Turned the big 25 on January 1st...I've been scarce...

I also started a new job, and have been training for four weeks now from 7:30-4:30...

Also some developments with the opposite sex have distracted me a tad bit from my favorite site...but never fear...I've been lurking a tad...though I have to say that I haven't been online terribly much lately...

4. TigerEducated

Oh yeah...I was in "da Big Sleazy" for Sunday at 7:30, and was in "da Dome" for 7:22pm till after the last nationally televised post-game interview on the podium...So that knocked me out of here on Sunday and Monday...

;-)

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, the word on the street was that, since you and Ramah both disappeared, you were one and the same. :shock:

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

You may be correct on the law but I believe there clause in the contract to automatically extend a year so that he will always have a five year contract or something like that.

7. TigerEducated

Damn...Man...Did you read that thread between us that day? The one about Vegas, and betting, and Robaina, and Calimari, and recruiting, and boosters, and NCAA rules violations?

Hell man...There's no way I could have even TRIED to act as stupid as he is...I'm not capable of it...

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pretty good act, TE. You oughta go to Hollywood. ;)
    ChineseBandit even posted that he traced the IP numbers of your computer and Ramah's and that they are one and the same.

9. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

well, well...look what the cat dragged in!

10. alaman

alaman Founding Member

I believe TAF can offer as long

of a contract as they want. LSU pays very little of Saban's salary, around $150,000 if I remember correctly.