Any current or former LSU players on here?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Jan 11, 2005.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I was wondering the exact same thing.

Maybe, for example, if Ronnie Lewis lurks here he can tell us what he'ss up to these days, now that he no longer has LSU fans to flip off anymore during games. :eek:

2. lctiger

lctiger Founding Member

YES

I post on both boards under the same name. Usually just as a fan and try not to bring up the past. That post was hitting close to home so I had to respond out of "character". Some advantages like getting to go to practice that can help clear up the rumors sometimes. Always take up for the players (like Randall) because I know first hand what it is like to bust your ass and do your best and then have to read in the papers all the negatives. Almost got kicked out of the Ore St game because my wife spit ice at a guy that was booing. :geauxtigs

3. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: to your wife.
    My kind of fan. :geaux:

4. slippery_pete

slippery_pete Founding Member

that is a good read on the other board. i didn't follow LSU football very closely until i came to lsu in 95. a lot of the info you and tntiger78 gave is new to me and a lot of it filled in some blanks. i definitely now think differently of archer (and think less of hallman if that was possible)

also, tell your wife thanks. no one should boo. i booed when i was younger and much dumber. but it took some true fans to open my eyes and help me realize that we should respect the players more.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

This is absolutely correct.

Boo at the NFL, not at college players. Don't even boo at the college coaches, because the players can't tell who the boos are directed at!

As LSU Tiger fans, we've got to work harder at the games to discourage booing as best we can. It's extremely counter-productive.

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

While I agree we should minimize booing at college games, that doesn't mean our fans should stoop lower than the booer and spit on them!

When I was in school, some people were considerate enough to just lob some bourbon and coke at them. Kind of a win/win for both parties...if you had more.

7. hpmcdaniel

hpmcdaniel Founding Member

When I was in school and someone booed next to the student section they got tossed down the stairs, kinda of like body surfing..... EWWWW...... not pretty. But, I guess they got the point. :shock:

Hey sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!!!! :grin:

Heather

:helmet:

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Ronnie Lewis works at a car dealership in baton rouge

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Thanks for the update! I typed his name earlier because, for some strange reason, his was the first to pop into my mind.

Okay, I'll try and go 2 for 2: what about...Garry James? Hell, I haven't read or heard anything about him since he left the Lions.

10. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

Bert Jones story

This story takes place sometime in early 1972. Several of us football players were playing poker in one of the Broussard Hall dorm rooms. Bert Jones walks in and asks if anyone knows where he can find a "lid". Back in those days a "lid" refered to a bag of pot. We all just kind of stared at him dumbfounded because he was known to be a really strait arrow kind of guy. It turns out he was going to a rodeo and the "lid" he was looking for was a cowboy hat. We all got a good laugh out of that.