Any current or former LSU players on here?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

While you have a point sometimes the booing hits home to people around you. My uncle coached at LSU for many years and I still take it personal when I hear people boo. Booing has no spot in College Football.......Bottom line.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Haw!

That's a great story! It reads almost like an actual joke! The fact that it's true makes it even funnier!

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

We ought to really worship our LSU Football players.

We fans should really treat those who played football for LSU as heroes, because they are our heroes.

I know, I know . . . the REAL heroes are the military personnel fighting in Iraq, and the police and firemen who risk their lives for us, BUT . . .

I feel that I can have many heroes, and I choose to consider those who played football for LSU as my heroes.

This ain't no joke. I'm a grown man in my early 40s. I've been on active duty with the US Army since 1990, and if I want those who played football for LSU to be my heroes, then so be it.

Without further ado, I wish to declare that all LSU football players, past and present, are my heroes. I wish that I could pat every one of them on the back and shake their hands. Thanks for playing your guts out for LSU. You always fought with the Heart of a Tiger.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Well said :thumb: The players that endured those dark years deserve an extra pat on the back. Thanks for your efforts guys. It is appreciated.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Booing has a bigger spot in any sporting event than spitting, unless it's a collegiate or professional spitting contest. No way does something as passive as booing justify spitting on someone. There's nothing wrong with telling people around you that you don't appreciate what they're doing, but that's a far cry from spitting on someone.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Problem is it is the students who are the worst offenders now.

7. max

max Founding Member

Yes, I am JaMarcus Russell. I hope I spelled my name correctly.

8. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

Hi JaMarcus

That was funny...but Niswanger would be harder to spell. I'll bet he gets a lot of comments on that name. :shock:

It's a wonder they didn't mix them up and call him JaMarcus Randall and or Marcus Russel. They interchanged them so much, might as well have done that with their names.

9. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

I think that the biggest problem with booing is that the players don't distinguish between booing at the players, and booing at coaches. I've booed before, and probably will again. If a coach is going to sit on the ball with 45 seconds left in the first half with the ball on our own 35, and we have the players to at least get into field goal range, I'm going to boo. Unfortunately, I need to realize that the players likely think it is directed towards them. Most of the time the booing is followed by clapping when the team runs into the tunnel, but some of the time it is followed by cussing the coaches out to anyone around who would listen.

It's unfortunate that the players have to endure the wrath of the coaches sometimes - especially in the Hallman years, but I don't think it is right when the coaches know the crowd is booing them and then call out the fans for booing the players. There is a big difference, although as fans we should be congnisant of it.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Didn't your momma's ever tell you it's rude to BOO?

:dis: