Any D/FW Tigers hear Chuck Cooperstein RIP

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Trey, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

US APART yesterday on ESPN Radio???????

Chuck is an AP voter who posts his list on the ESPN103.3 webpage. He has routinely listed LSU about 4-8 spots below their
    AP ranking. I guess he had been catching alot of heat from Tiger fans. He was on vacation this week but came in yesterday and went over his ballot. Afterwards he ripped the LSU fans who had been giving him such grief. Then he went on to rip us for losing to BAMA in TS all those years. Ripped our "supposedly magic" Tiger Stadium. Ripped the SEC WEST. (always stinks) Even ripped JOSH BOOTY.

I like Chuck a lot and I wasn't one of the folks ripping him via e-mail. But yesterday's tirade was a little over the top.

http://www.espn1033.com/listingsentryfeature.asp?ID=39082&PT=Feature Story

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I hate chuck cooperstien and I cannot stand his sidekick Newy Scrugs. I never listen to ESPN radio.
    The guy always has and always will be a complete idiot. That is why he gets fired from job after job. He is a complete idiot. Like FineBaum...

I have been a ticket 1310 listener since the first day it was on the air. Actually I cannot remember the last time my Radio has been on F.M.

Screw him.

Remember Chuck is a big Gator fan, he loves UF. So I am sure he is a bit bitter to us right now. I bet 90 percent of his clueless stupid rant was sour grapes.
    Plus if I remember correclty he is a damn yankee like his little side kick, so screw him and screw Newy...

Baby Arm

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

So how do you really feel about Chuck and Newy? :D

I don't listen to them but I do think that Finebaum is like a cross between Jerry Springer and Howard Stern. They are all just trying to sell their rag papers and air time. Dennis Dodd is another one I can't stand along with Chris Fowler.

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I don't know who

Chuck Cooperstein is . .but Finebaum is the worst . .if you do a search on his books at amazon. they are all titled:

"I hate . . ."

and he has one on just about every school. . I can't stand people who bash and bash and have no loyalties to anyone.

5. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I very rarely listen to ESPN 103.3, and never to Cooperstein and Scruggs. I keep it tuned to Fox 1190 b/c I love Tony Bruno in the AM, but there isn't any good college football talk around DFW, IMO. It's all Cowboys and Mavs, and when college does sneak in it's all Big 12. College football just isn't a big time topic around here andwe are all poorer for it.

6. Tiger Trey

I'll continue to tolerate Chuck

because he is the ONLY media personality in DFW who has a clue about college football and the SEC. I know he's a Gator but he's been pretty critical of them when they have deserved it. There is no way that he is in Finebaum's class as far as being an absolute "rick with a p".

BTW, Chuck will be in Baton Rouge to do play by play for the BAMA game on national radio. He says the Tigers will lose at least one more regular season game and one will probably be against BAMA.

As for Newy, he is obviously there to stop down the show when anything insightful is said by Chuck or anybody else. I pray for the day when he gives up radio.

Didja hear about the shouting match between Newy and Dan McDowell at AAC a coupla weeks back ?? (Dan, of the Ticket, is another guy I'd like to buy a one way pass out of town for.)

7. TexasTigers

I love the ticket, but I dont like Bad Radio. They are two carpet baggers from the north, and I have little interest in their opinions.

I like the ticket because I can only take so much sports on a ride to and fro work. I need some humor to. I can only tolerate Cowboy stats for so long.

We all realize we are in big 12 country, so SEC is as about as popular as Pac-10 talk. I except it and read the advocate.com every morning, and go home as much as possible to get back to my roots.

Yes I heard about the yelling thing between the two. I wish both of them would head back to Ohio or wherever they are from.

I still cannot stand Cooperstien. I really think he is an idiot. Always have. But I guess thats why they put buttons on my radio..

A dirty P1.

8. Tiger Trey

I like Bob Sturm...

George is still OK I guess but his story is getting long and tiresome.

Junior: Too predictable. Has no clue.
    Gordo: An interesting argument for the need for snipers. His "quivering Norm" is ok !!

Norm: Still like Norm !! (Quivering Norm sez: "This is a GOOOOOD board" !!!

Hardline: constant flip flops and too much "snake".

Marginal P3 with Day One Status !!

9. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I was a big fan of Norm and Leon Simon on 570 before it went to a no-sports format. I tried to get into "The Ticket", but there was just too much non-sports talk to hold my interest. Mike Fisher on 1190 is ok, a bit pompous sometimes, but he occasionally has Leon on as a special quest. That's a big plus for me.

10. TexasTigers

P1 from Day 1... Hardline is O.K. But The ole Grey Wolf tends to whip me.

Gordon is the funniest thing in DFW...... Norm whips me...

I am the same age as Gordon, and Corby and them, so I can relate to most of their humor....

If I could listen to LSU talk all day I would, but since this is Big 12 country, I would rather listen to quivering norm, or the fake Tiger woods.... "Maybe Not..."

Quota...

Curve it.