Any D/FW Tigers hear Chuck Cooperstein RIP

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Trey, Nov 2, 2002.

1. texastiger#1

texastiger#1 Freshman

I agree with my texas double above. I'm a hardline P1. I like when they go non-sports sometimes. Hard sports all the time gives me a headache. Sometimes you just need a break.

BAD radio isn't that bad, they just give you a different look, plus Bob does know sports and I want Dan and Newy to mix it up. Mewy is a blowhard with an ego. Sort of like Chuck C. I think Chuck C. doubles as Guy Sports on the side.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I love Guy Sports, with his Producer Josh....

"Its your show America, You drive the Bus, Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame."

Man that makes me giggle.

Has anyone been to www.gordonkeith.com - They have some of Gordos funny skits on there.

Also I listen over the net during work hours, and during commercial breaks on air, on the internet they play Drop Page Radio. All Ticket skits. Sometimes my employees come in my office to see what I am laughing at...

The Fake Chan Gailey was the best character they ever had (Also Fake Johnny Oates was great also, when he would talk about his humonoid baseball players)

Although I am a fan of the Fake Billy Tubbs.

Curve it.

3. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Just make sure the kiddos aren't around...

People like Gordo are the reason I can't listen to The Ticket that often. He does a few funny bits but there's just too much of him, Dan McDowell and Corby on the air. And when I am driving the kids around during the Rant, HLine, or the Musers show, I can't even fly by for a "quick hit".

Hey Tex, I'm not that old. I just turned 38.

Talking about 570, that was a great Talk station a few years back. I especially liked Kevin Mc Carthy and Norm. KLIF and The Ticket were both done in, IMO, when their program managers started screwing with the formats. Topics didn't quickly change from segment to segment like they do now. On air personalities were capable of holding listeners interest for more than 3 minutes and could interview interesting people for a half hour or longer. It was a much more informative and interesting format. Both stations kinda lost me lost me when The Ticket dumped Chuck Cooperstein for "Rocco Pendola" (??????? What the hell was that all about ??) and KLIF dumped David Gold for "Humble" Billy Hays. These guys had NOTHING (like Dan McDowell) and any smart person would have known this.

Just my opinion. It's over and I'm out.

4. texastiger#1

texastiger#1 Freshman

Don't think the Ticket is "done in" yet. What they found out is that straight, hard sports all the time just dosen't attract enough listeners. (See KLIF, and the 2 most recent all sports stations in Big D). In the ratings those stations ratings were or are so low they don't even show up. There just isn't enough of guys like Tiger Trey listening.

Yeah Rocco was pretty bad, thats why they dumped him. Got Norm as a replacement. Think they got stronger at that position.

By the way I know the 'other' Texastiger is in Carrollton. I live there also.

Can we get a roll call of Dallas area Tiger fans? Seems to be a lot on this board!

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Roll Call : TexasTigers (The other one)

Born and Raised in Good Ole Baton Rouge LA.
    Went to Trafton Academy. (Now the Dunham School I believe)

LSU and Northwestern State (Natchitoches) are the colleges I attended. 92 graduated.

Lived in Carrollton since 93 and work in Las Colinas

Curve it

6. Cayjunn

Cayjunn Freshman

AM 1130 "the fan"

Hey folks.
    LSU fan out of Longview, Tx (currently) here.
    I listen to AM 1130 out of Shreveport, Louisiana and actually i Can pick it up decently over in the eastern D/FW area.
    Anyhow, every evening at 5pm i believe there is a show devoted to SEC football. Great show, if any of you guys can get it you should listen.
    And none of the hosts are yankees...haha.

7. DFW Tiger

DFW Tiger Freshman

I'll chime in...

Born in Lake Chuck...graduated from LSU in '95...lived all over Texas...moved to Dallas two years ago, where I became a P1 immediately. I travel alot with my job, and find myself missing the little Ticket when out of town. They have "it" and no one does it better. Gordon is a genius.

I'm going to try Ivy's for the Kentucky game. Ben's whips me.

8. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

as long as

roll's being called:

Born and raised in BR, left in '85 at tender age of 16.
    Moved to Houston area before joining USN.
    Now located in Burleson, work at home (regional sales mgr. for electrical pump control company based in Orlando).
    STILL need to find Tiger watching spot in Ft. Worth area. (North Dallas and Plano are just too far for me.)

9. Tiger Trey

I have lived in DFW area for 12 years

with the last 4 being in Carrollton. I was born in Shreveport. I attended Southwood High and Calvary Baptist Academy. I also attended LSU-S. I am married and have two daughters.

When I posted that the Ticket was "done in" I was referring to the loss of the "little ticket" charm that occurred about the time of the Coop dismissal/Rocco entrance IMO. I soured on the Ticket for about two years because it was just too zany. IMO The Ticket is better now than it was 3 years ago, but not near as good as it was from 1994-1997. I still listen, but a lot less than I used too.

I think a happy medium between News/Sports and lighter fare is great. But it would be better if there more a few professional types on the air and less of the raunchy slugs who can't do anything but spread manure over the airwaves. I like to listen to talk show hosts who do more than read the morning paper for research and don't have to rely on the lowest common denominator to have a career. Dump Dan, let Bob Sturm do his show solo, and cut a couple of Gordo and Corby's segments and I'm interested.

10. Tiger Trey

Since this is a DFW thread...

I'll share the e-mail I just got from Dodies:

DODIE'S II
    BOILED CRAWFISH SEASON STARTED LAST WEEK
    AND WILL BE STANDARD FARE ON OUR MENU UNTIL CRAWFISH SEASON IS OVER!

Weekend Special Begins Friday, November 8, 2002 at 5:00 pm

WEEKEND SPECIAL
    SOFT SHELLCRAB ALMONDINE
    SERVED WITH CHOICE OF
    PASTA OR SAUTÉED VEGETABLES
    AND SALAD

Dodie's Seafood CafeII
    2626 North Josey Lane #112
    Carrollton, TX 75007
    "Ya Don't Hafta Go To New Orleans"

I should have known better than to start a "talk radio thread". If you want to get me really riled up just post about MTV or Van Halen. LOL