Any evangelicals here?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by olVENICEdog, Jan 17, 2005.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I just don't think that we should mix politics w/religion. I think we need to keep those two things separated. These Christian fanatics have problems w/gays and lesbians and pretty much anyone that isn't a Christian. Why should anyone care if people are gay? Should these people suffer and live life in obscurity b/c some holy rollers feel uncomfortable and doesn’t understand that this person was born a homosexual? They want to monitor everything. If you want to talk freedom of speech, then how come these people protest radio shows and television programs? What I mean about that is instead of just worrying about their kid and family, why do these org. feel that it is up to them to decide what everyone what’s to listen to and watch. That is not freedom of speech. I believe that these evangelical Christian organizations want to hold the nation back from growing and exploring new things because they are scared of the future and think we need to live in the past (pre) 1960’s style values. I remember a time when the church was open to all that wanted to come in. Now I feel as if these groups are overstepping the boundaries. I see a big head complex going on. I will tell you this much about the church house, it is no longer a church group. These churches are big business now. Just one of these evangelical churches has hundreds of employees and it is becoming a million dollar organization. These people don't want to work like hard working people, they want to sit back and preach, send the basket around two or three times a hour and get paid. I think they prey on vulnerable people and take advantage of mentally sick human beings. On the other hand they do do great things for the community however they seem to want more then just helping out the local town drunk.

2. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

politics and religion shouldn't mix? well guess what - they always will. Money is a religion to some, race to others, etc. etc. etc.

Why do evangelicals feel they need to monitor everyone? If not them, than someone bro. Some group will always want to have the "say so". And yes, this is freedom of speech...break it down...freedom...of...speech - get it now?

As far as the big business speach...maybe some, definately not all - and if they are running it like a business then it's wrong. I for one resent your comment about them not working hard. I'm actually a preacher's kid (although not a kid anymore). My dad is a workaholic - I guarantee he works 60-70 hours a week, so don't give me that crap.

In every organization there is a bad apple. Often those bad apples create a stigma placed on the entire group. I'm in no way trying to preach to you, I just think you're very narrow minded in this area.

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I'll let the "Church" speak about the gay issue concerning thier position. Mine is however one close to thiers as I do not believe this should be a minority position in life nor do I feel that this issues deserves to be treated as normal marriages. The one thing I am against is changing America everry time something comes up as an overlooked part of society. I may be wrong for now that is my stance. Also I have been married once and if they want to get married they may already be in bad shape. :grin:

They are only stating thier opinion sort of the same way that the creators of the shows express thiers by putting some of this stuff on the air.

While this may seeem to be true to you it is not 100%. I agree that some of the churches have become big business however some of them did not start that way. People supported these churches because they thought they were doing the right thing. Then other people see this little church growing and think that by supporting them they will be blessed financially. Then some of the churches get caught up in this and they think they are doing the right thing and whola now you have the bad church and gulible people. There are still plenty of people in these and other churches that truly love all people and God. I KNOW it's hard but don't judge they whole lot for the bad apples in the same way you don't judge the whole lot for the preceiuos fruits.

4. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

You guys make good points but IDK if you are Christians or not but what is up w/these 4 guys? Don't they have anything better to do then go heckle a bunch of flamers?

Christian Group Members Plead Not Guilty to Hate Charges

January 19, 2005 · Four members of the evangelical Christian group Repent America plead not guilty in several felony charges stemming from a demonstration at a Philadelphia gay and lesbian festival last fall.