any good hotels near the Cotton Bowl?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikebTiger, Dec 9, 2002.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

Would like a good hotel with rates from 100-200. I have no idea where the cotton bowl is in Dallas - But i would lie to stay somewhere close (or should i want to?). Help out, Texas Tiger fans!!!

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well anything close to downtown is going to be some bucks. Dallas Area Hotels have New Years eve parties and many people stay at the hotel.

The Anatole is nice, might want to check the Hyatt (LSU Hotel) very nice. There are tons of Marriotts, etc etc.

I suggest you stay somewhere on 35 north of Downtown. Easy to get to the game and plenty of hotels. There is a residence inn close on 35 by the AAC (American Airlines Arena) everyone stayed there for my wedding. There are tons on the 35 corridor. I suggest you look there. But better book now.

3. allisonk

allisonk Freshman

The Cotton Bowl is located SW of downtown in an area known as Fair Park and its not the best neighborhood. There are no hotels in the area. If you are not familiar with the city, I would suggest probably a hotel downtown (Hyatt comes to mind) and there are others but probably expensive. There are hotels on the I-35 corridor which someone suggested and you also might try something a little further north along 75 Central Expressway or 635 LBJ. Might I suggest checking hotels.com

Looking forward to the game - live in Frisco (northern Dallas suburb) and cant wait to have my team here in my city!!! Got my tickets confirmed this morning!!! Geaux Tigers!!!

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yes let me confirm, you dont want to stay anywhere near Fair Park (Where the Game is)

Let me put it this way, not the best part of town. Come heavily armed and learn how to say "PLease dont kill me take anything you want" In Spanish

Also if downtown or 35 is booked, there are several hotels up 75 in the Richardson/Plano area that probably will be much cheaper and not a bad drive. Actually you can take Dart (Our sad excuse for a train system) to downtown and back. (Not the game) for cheap so if you get loaded downtown you can Dart back to your Hotel

DART - Dallas Area Rapid Transit