Any guess whether the Bama game will be day or night?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Apr 20, 2006.

1. DocBrooks

DocBrooks Founding Member

From what I understand, CBS decides which SEC game is the best for TV and airs that as a day game, and if LSU is not selected it reverts to a night game. So the weekend we play bama is it going to be a night or day game? Here are the other SEC games that day...

Bama @ LSU
    Tenn @ Arkansas
    UGA @ Auburn
    South Car @ Florida
    Vandy @ Kentucky

I can see CBS taking UGA-Aub or SC-UF over our game.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If CBS passes on the game, it can still be picked up by ESPN or Jefferson Pilot. Only ESPN regularly broadcasts night games.

3. DocBrooks

DocBrooks Founding Member

damn red55, you always have the answers, fast too. What about the Fresno game? See, I'm not going to be able to make any game I want this season and want to choose wisely. I love night games but it's not worth it for a North Texas type game. I just want a big time matchup at night and seeing as I have to fly in I'm trying to get a grasp on which of these games to go to.They don't announce times for games until well into the season huh?

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The Bama game will probably be either the 3 CBS game or the ESPN night game. I think there is little chance of it being JP sports.

The Fresno game will very likely be ESPN.

This is based on gut feelings and not inside knowledge.

5. clair

clair Rockets

no matter what record the teams have, the 1st choice iwll be Visor's return to the swamp...

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, Bama will be good, day or night. I think Arizona and Fresno are going to be an interesting games and will likely be at night. Really, U La La and Tulame are the only dogs on the schedule. State wont be close but should be respectable. Kentucky wants revenge for the Bluegrass Miracle and figure if Tennessee can beat us at home then they can too. Ole Miss has a comer at quarterback with some talented new guys and should make it interesting.

But the Bama game is the big one at home this year. We have our four tough road games in the SEC (AU, UT, UF, ARK) and we won't likely win all four. We must absolutely go undefeated at home and Bama will be the test.

7. clair

clair Rockets

I see either Zona or Fresno... maybe both... picked up by TBS

8. tiger386

tiger386 Freshman

I am sure that most would like to see the game played at night in front of a nationwide television audience. But, being that it is going to be a battle of Top 25 teams unless somebody really screws up and loses, it's probably going to be a day game. :geauxtige LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: :helmet: :tigerhead :geauxtige :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :helmet: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :tigerhead LSU! :geauxtige

9. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

fresno state is scheduling through fresno state. thats the only way the FSU will do it is if they are guaranteed TV money through fresno state.

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I think the TBS contract calls for one team to be in the Pac 10 or Big 12. They picked up the Arizona game 3 years ago and it might happen again. Fresno will either be ESPN or Tigervision.