Any info on Muschamp?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WildcatMike, Feb 18, 2005.

1. WildcatMike

WildcatMike Founding Member

Guys, what is being said down in Red Stick regarding to Muschamp. News report if I understand correctly is that Mike Archer has been contacted by Saban to be his DC for the Dolphins. He has not been offered the job, but indications are that he will be offered the job Sunday.

If I heard correctly on the news, Dave Baker mentioned Muschamp name as replacement in Lexington. Muschamp used to be a coach at Eastern Kentucky, so some connections to Kentucky in the past (EKU in Richmond, 20 minutes away from Lexington).

If this is the case, holy crap! Like Archer, but I prefer Muschamp. Trust me; I know UK has a long way to go. With Muschamp as DC and Joker as OC, there could be some improvements…still Brooks needs to go. Muschamp or Joker as future head coach in the future, because Brooks is not getting it done.

Give me some info if it is floating down in Tiger Land. :wink:

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

news to me.

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

ehh why would he want archer....seriously?

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I haven't heard anytihng like this before but I do hope Archer gets a chance to go somewhere better than UK and oneday gets another chance at a HC position. He was too young and green when they gave him his shot at LSU. He's a good man that loves LSU also.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

:) Yeah, when I first saw him (Archer) on the sidelines for UK, I about lost it! I was shocked!! :shock:

Also, man, you gotta feel bad for Muschamp if this news is accurate. I mean, you go from DC at LSU, think you're going to be moving on to the NFL, realize that you're not getting the position you thought you were getting, having already told Miles "thanks but no thanks" all to end up at Kentucky?!?!? :eek: :confused:

Outch. That's almost on par with Hal Mumme getting canned from UK only to resurface at SLU...

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I'm not sure I understand how someone will take a job without fully understanding what their job will be? You'd think Muschamp would have known he wasn't going to be the DC of the Dolphins. I guess Saban could have lied to him, but I'm not sure what that would accomplish.

Archer is well respected as a DC.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Muschamps knew he wasn't going to be DC of the Dolphins from the beginning, hell we knew it, he had to. Even Vince Dooley knew it. As for what position he thought he was going to have and what he ends up with, now that is another story. Hopefully these rumors have no basis in fact with regard to Will. I don't think going to UK as the DC would be a wise career move.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I guess that's why I'm confused. Maybe this is nothing more than rumors. It seems to me that anyone would fully understand what job they are taking before actually taking it.

Maybe it's not as simple as I make it out to be...

9. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Mike Archer going to the pros as DC? That's unbelievable. Seriously it is!
    He maybe respected in the SEC as DC but he hasn't accomplished much. I would expect to be DC in the NFL you would have to prove your worth at top program.

10. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Didn't Back Stabbin' Nick name George Edwards DC when he hired him out from under LSU? If so, then this would seem to completely nullify this rumor. And as regards to WC, he knew when he left he was not going to be DC for the Fins.
    Plus I don't think Archer would fit in with Ol' Nickie. I think he's too laid back for his style. JMO