Any news of Rolle?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrgreen21, Jul 5, 2006.

1. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

I like this kid already. Everybody knows that he is not TT, but if he thinks he is then that will just make him better. Rolle does need to put on some weight though he was a twig last season. I don't totally disagree that he can create better shots then TT. Tyrus has great athletic ability but can't take over a game on the offensive side of the ball. Rolle could be a good player, but untill he is a 4th pic and worth 10m$ then he is no TT.

2. clair

clair Rockets

he isn't lying when he says he is a better scorer than Tyrus, b/c from watching all the high school videos of him, he IS...

He has a nice baby hook, and a nice jumper

I expect him to be great for us next year, b/c I ultimately expect Darnell Lazare to start. I don't know what this guy did wrong, that everyone always overlooks him

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Lazare was terrible during the early season warmup games, then Tyrus would come in and score 20 off of the bench. They have since forgotten about his Duke heroics. :D

4. LSUDeek

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5. LSUDeek

look, there's plenty of intelligent people who agree that the circumstances under which les miles were hired were terrible ass circumstances. from putting a ceiling on the salary to failing to even interview JDR...

let's not even mention the smoke laval experiment and it's distastrous failure. i think that's been discussed quite enough around here. no doubt however that mainieri is a nice hire.

and i agree with vienna, actually, that anyone who'll ascribe tons of credit to john brady for one successful season is a sunshine pumper.. no more, no less.

john treloar for prez!

6. clair

clair Rockets

do you like to stretch the truth?

or do you just not know any better?

non conference foe:
    Southern: 4 pts 5 boards in 15 mins
    Nicholls: 16 pts 4 boards in 20 mins
    WVU: 5 pts 6 boards in 29 mins
    Houston: 0 pts 3 boards in 11 mins (Tyrus's breakout game; he didn't have a chance)
    McNeese: 19 pts 4 boards in 22 mins
    UNO: 20 pts 7 boards in 27 mins
    ULL: 12 pts 5 boards in 26 mins
    Northern Iowa: 2 pts 3 boards in 15 mins
    Ark/Mont: 3 pts 5 boards in 10 mins

those are his numbers before Tyrus became the starter against Cincinatti

that is: 9 pts, 4.5 boards... consider that he played roughly half the game all those games, in 35 mins, it'd be something like 15 pts 6.5 boards

i'd take it

7. LSUDeek

these are the two games i am talking about.

i basically agree with you, im telling you the fanbase looks over lazare because of what happened in a couple of games against the warmup competition. he definitely has talent and deserves to probably start.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Anyone agreeing with Vienna is a doom slinger . . no more, no less. And John Brady has one Final Four season, there have been other successful seasons.

9. LSUDeek

I'm ok with being called a doom slinger. I just don't think one Final Four season makes CJB a great coach.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

What if he makes it to the elite 8 or so this season?