Any predictions on the Capital One Bowl?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBayouBengals, Dec 25, 2004.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Wow that sounds so familar to the Illinois fans last time we played a Big 10 school....

I know you are hoping there buddy, but lets face it, that wont be the LSU team you had hoped to play, those kids are humans just like us and they are taking orders from a coach who just bailed out on them...

2. iowasteam

iowasteam Freshman

I know you are hoping there buddy, but lets face it, that wont be the LSU team you had hoped to play, those kids are humans just like us and they are taking orders from a coach who just bailed out on them

Wow.....The first excuse of the day......

3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I won't be suprised to see a shut-out.... These guys are going to finish with everything they've got for this man... Even if he bailed on them. Got It? ?

LSU - 21
    Iowa - 0

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

If Ferentz was leaving, the Hawks would play their hearts out for him. Enough said.

5. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I really think Nick will pour himself into coaching his ass off in this game. It'd be a nice way to say "thanks" to the LSU community in the way he knows best: on the field.

Why not? Aside from the time he'll spend in Miami on Monday, he's committed to devoting the rest of his week to the game. Jim Bates has two weeks worth of work for himself in Miami, and Nick can easily meet with Bates and whomever else in the Dolphins organization the week after the Jan. 2 Dolphins game.

Nick was man enough to tell the players right from jump that he was considering this job, so I don't think you'll see any shell-shocked, emotionally-drained guys just going through the motions.

Also, Nick Saban has never struck me as the sort of coach that players truly "love". Respect, yes, fear, possibly, but...love, in a Dick Vermil kinda warm and fuzzy way? I don't think so.

If these kids don't "love" Nick, they won't feel terribly scorned by him leaving, either.

6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

No excuses, man.... The better team on the field will win that night.

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Exactly... That's why as mad as I WANT to be at Saban... I can't... He's done too much and these players like paly their asses off and so will Saban.... SHUTOUT!

Got It? ! :thumb:

LSU - 21
    Iowa - 0

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

No excuse at all. I still think LSU drums you as bad as they did the last Big 10 school that played them....

But if you want to make yourself feel better, O.K. the best team wins.. There happy now...

9. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I hope you're right...but with the upcoming draft and having to find a house in Miami, I'm thinking he just won't be into the game.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Never mind the distractions, this is a pac 10 team we are playinig

LSU 34
    iowa 10

We will miss atleast one extra point, Ha