Any update on FB Dominique Allen?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JDQ, Aug 4, 2010.

1. JDQ

JDQ Freshman

Just wondering if anyone has any news on the FB Dominique Allen. I hope he is still on the team. The kid is a beast and if you watch any of his film from highschool, he could be the best LSU has ever had at the position. If he gets his head straight. I know its a big jump for most of these kids to get somewhere like LSU. They come from small towns and feel like they are invincible once they hit that field.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Unless something's changed, last I heard he is still indefinitely suspended. He's been told what he needs to do to get back on the team and return to good standing, we just have to see if he does it.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I sure hope he makes it back, as much for LSU as for him as a young man, but many players look like they could be the "best ever" in HS. That is such a huge statement, there is no way to know at that level. Hopefully, he makes it back and achieves this level of success you envision. It would mean great success for LSU and for him as a young kid who made mistakes then overcame them in route to being a productive young man.

4. Nygma Tech

Nygma Tech Guest

fwiw miles said allen had a good semester academically. if he can't get his **** together we might have to start leaning on worley...

5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

LSU has a history of players that were able to come back and play great football and those that absolutely failed to get their heads straight. Everyone comes out of high school thinking they're great, but only some are. I really hope he can succeed at getting back in good standing, especially since I love a strong running game and our OL could use help from a solid fullback.