any updates on Curley Hallman?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ralph_Wiggum, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

I thought I read somewhere in the transactions section of the my local sports page that he was let go by Sylvester?

Was that true?

Has he found a job somewhere? I know it's fasionable to bash the dude, but a lot of guys in the NFL (Kennison, Walker, etc.) were recruited by him.

Curely is pretty country, but I've thought that a place out of the SEC might take a look at him, he's got a load of connections in a recruiting rich region.

What's Dale doing? She was nice.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah. Let some yankee school lower their standards by graciously allowing a southern hick into the fold so he can help their recruiting. You know, Wiggum, your northern elitist attitude about "us country folk" is getting very tiring.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Curley is a good recruiter and will probably continue to find jobs around the SEC as an assistant coach. Word is he has been offered head coaching jobs at small schools, but he can get higher pay as a veteran SEC assistant. He was never comfortable in the spotlight as head coach anyway.

4. Geaux5000

Geaux5000 Founding Member

Curley is now selling used cars in Wisconsin.

also, Mike Archer is now selling siding for homes and buisnesses in the greater Boise area.

5. Tigersmack

Tigersmack Founding Member

Archer has never missed a football paycheck

He was with Virginia right after LSU then went to Kentucky. From Kentucky he went to the Steelers for a number of years and returned last year to Kentucky as defensive coordinator.

If I had known Curley and DiNardo were coming after Archer, I would have wanted to keep Archer ya know?