Any word on Saban's new contract?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger_in_atl, Jan 21, 2004.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Jean,
    give up on Cottonbowl Carville, you have him pegged, a whiner.

As for Ralph, I think he has declared his word gospel somewhere on this forum, so snap to it man! believe everything! LOL

Ok here it is Believe Ralph and Cotton head or
    Coach Nick Saban Coach of the LSU Tigers 2003 national and SEC champions. GEE who has the most credibility here, hmmmm damn I'm on the fence on this one, hmmmm help me out Jean ?
    maybe We should go with Saban on this one? Ya THINK?
    damn even folks that ride the short school bus could get this one.

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Please stick to the subject and leave the insults out.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Fair enough.

However, it's arguable that somebody is calling CNS disingenuous, and if that's not an insult, I don't know what is.

Do you mean that we can insult CNS but not each other?

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Sorry cotton bowl for calling you carville

sorry ralph for calling you a Know it all

As for the creditbility thing, that's not an insult thats just a FACT.
    I would bet most people would take Coach Saban's credibility over say mine for example everyday of the week.
    It's just my opinion Brett that CNS's credibility is better than theirs.
    No insult.

5. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

No harm no foul, everything is cool.

I just look out for LSU more than Coach Saban. I was at LSU during the Hallman and Dinardo days so I really appreciate Coach Saban.

6. Jean Lafitte

CNS is a straight shooter.

CNS is really a down to earth guy, and so is Mrs. CNS. I know, I know, there is a legitimate argument that books like Tiger Turnaround are going to shade things, but I've studied the CNS quotes in the book. I've listened carefully when CNS and Mrs. CNS speak. Nobody can put on a "down to earth" act like that . . . it's gotta be sincere.

That's why I think it's better than even money that they will stay with LSU for years to come.

CNS's father passed away at a young age. Based on that, I would speculate that CNS would retire to a life of leisure with his wife in about 8 years.

7. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Re: Pure speculation, Mr. Carville.

No, it is not pure speculation. The story is true. If people here know someone in the LSU athletic dept or know someone who might have been in on the original contract offer, ask around and you will find out it is true.

Aren't you even curious who the unnamed person is?

LOL

8. CottonBowl'66

Oh, by the way, there is a third reason why I am sure the story is true.

At Nick Saban's press conference, he thanked a lot of people for the way he had been treated at LSU. There was one person that was noticeably absent in his "thanks." When you realize who that person is that Nick Saban did not thank, you will get an idea of who the person was that almost screwed the pooch on his contract and mishandled it.

The person who messed up is the person who he ommitted.

9. CottonBowl'66

Some here may have miscontrued my thinking on this.

After hearing the story about Nick Saban's contract that I keep alluding to (I am waiting for someone else who knows this story to join in.), I am absolutely certain that Nick Saban and his wife, Terry, are telling the 100% unadulterated truth when they say they really enjoy living here and that Nick Saban really wanted to come back and coach LSU.

Before hearing the story about his contract, I figured he was negotiating. But after hearing the story I am certain that Saban never intended to leave LSU, at least not at this time.

I am not saying Saban will stay forever, but I am positive he really likes his job and living here.

What I am saying is that if the contract offer to Saban had been handled in the right way before the Sugar Bowl, I don't think the Chicago Bears would have ever entered the picture.

10. Jean Lafitte

I still think.

I'm going to speculate and say that I think CNS would have had Jerry Dangelo over for a visit no matter what happend with the contract.

There may have been somebody in the LSU camp being contentious and causing some consternation. There's no reason to completely rule that out, based on what some have heard from reliable sources.

I still think we have better than even odds to keep CNS and Mrs. CNS at LSU until retirement.

:geaux:

:lsug: