Any word on who will replace Marshall......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

your crazy lifer

If you think Tiger Stadium would be half full for a Friday night game against Marshall then you are nuts. It would be a guaranteed sell out. If it can be done at other schools, then there is no reason it can't be done at LSU. And besides, it would give us one extra day to prepare for our first SEC game. This game I refer to is Georgia in Tiger Stadium. Pretty important game.

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

yeah its done at most schools that play high school football on saturdays dunring the day. just like someone else said high school football is a religion here just like in texas and alabama. So thats screws everybody up. another thinkg is the stadium would be half full. ever notice that most of the schools that play on friday, thursday, wednesday, and tuesday all have stadiums the size of the north endzone they all have 30,000 people there thats it. another thing is the fans would get there right before game time so they would have no way to buy souviners and visit local restraunts and just plain spend money at lsu and around town. thats lost money for the whole state. its not feciable(i think thats how u spell it) here. it just can't happen. i didn't even mention school.

3. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I visted a Kansas St. website this afternoon, and one of their senior members gave me a link to this article that tells about the LSU-Kansas St. Matchup. They are saying on their board that the game may not happen, and the article says the same thing. the quote about LSU is at the bottom of the page of the article.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/5060907.htm

4. eric d

eric d Founding Member

This may be a dumb question, but has Marshall actually bought out the contract yet? All the stuff I read said they were considering it, but I have not seen or heard anything that said they had done that yet. If so, please post a link of the article.

5. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

According to an article in Purple and Gold Paper, Marshall wants to pull out of the game in order to have a home game against some sort of "national " opponent on ESPN. What a "national" opponent is and who they could find to play them this late in the process is beyond me. Marshall has not offically backed out yet but LSU is taking precausions. It looks like Kansas State is out of the question. Other schools that have come up have been Colorado State and according to the Purple and Gold Nick Saban's Alma Mater Kent State. If finding a Divison 1A team does not work we would be forced to play a Division 1AA team again. I just hope we can find a Division 1A team on the level that Marshall is to replace the game. It would look really bad on the rankings and such if we had to play a Division 1AA team.

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I believe they will bring in Centenary in Shreveport. It should be a great game.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Do they have a football team?

8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

NO. They used to. They are going to bring back the 40's team and give it a try.

9. nuttie

nuttie Founding Member

Hey Centenary is 1-0-1 in their last 2 football games against LSU, albeit the games were in 1932 and 1933.

The tigers are 3-1-1 against Centenary all time.

;)