anybody else rooting for Jefferson?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Blue TurboDog, Mar 16, 2011.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'm definitely rooting for JJ. After his freshman year, I really thought we'd have a solid QB for the next 3 yrs. I think the coaching staff overly emphasized "taking the sack / not turning the ball over" during his soph season and stunted his development.

Although there are elite athletes that can block out negativity from fans, most are human and will play "tight" when feeling the tension of a fanbase. There were games last year (Miss St., Vandy) that JJ was probably playing "not to lose" rather than to win. That mentality was probably embedded into him from the coaching staff, given the in-game circumstances.

Sounds like our new OC is more of a hands-on teacher, which I think will work well with all of the QBs. I "have a want" for JJ to play well from the 1st snap against Oregon and take every snap during the season. However, if he struggles during the 1st half against Oregon, I would hope they give Mett (or Lee) a chance to be start the 2nd half.

2. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I would love to see JJ tear it up next year, but then again I would love to see any LSU qaurter back tear it up.

I personally would like it to be Lee over JJ to be honest with you, that kid went through hell his first year.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sorry. I think the Jordan Jefferson era is over at LSU. It happens. We were a quarterback away from a national championship last year. We can not let that happen again.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

While I'm not rooting "against" him, I feel like we are at a point where we need to try another option, provided that option has been proven worthy. So the way I see it, if Mett is neck and neck with Jefferson by the time the season is here, I'd be leaning toward Mett in lieu of what we've seen from Jefferson the last 3 years.

That said, SEC game experience is somewhat of an intangible, and that certainly weighs in Jefferson's favor. Honestly, if they are competing that closely through the summer I expect we'll see them both on the field until one of them takes the job from the other one via in-game performance. Jefferson has a lot less room for the type of performance (or lack thereof) we've seen from him in the last 3 seasons.

5. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

You meant an Offensive Coordinator, right? :D

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

man if you guys think anyone but 9 is going to be under center for the first snap of the season you are fooling yourself.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Would you like to make a small wager?

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i'll bet you a dime bag. :D

9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

I will cheer the team that my coach puts on the field !

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Wow, that's like, so different from the rest of us. I salute your individuality, sir!

1 person likes this.