Anybody Have a PC Stick?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thanks. That's all I would need it for.

Here is another device that's different from the one I saw yesterday.
    https://www.yahoo.com/tech/intel-compute-stick-a-full-windows-pc-smaller-124848163919.html

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Fuck apple, I will never own a pos iPhone or even worse an ipad. Junk. The android tablets kick their ass.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Eh... Just plug your laptop into your TV. Get a wireless keyboard for 20 bucks with the mouse touch pad built in.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't carry my TV around with me

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Never once had a apple product, eh? It shows.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Oh ok for traveling purposes gotcha.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Check out an Intel NUC... not exactly a usb stick but very small an portable, pretty cheap.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have never owned an apple product either. I considered an iPhone once but I liked the bigger screen on the Samsung.

Not really for traveling. If I'm in a hotel room I'll have a laptop. I have an android tablet that I don't use nearly as much as I thought I would. Was pretty cheap and it's small enough not to be noticed if I stick it under the seat of my truck. I just leave it there. I wouldn't want to risk a more expensive and more noticeable labtop being stolen.

If I'm planning to be somewhere for a while where I know there will be wifi I take a laptop with me. I mostly use my phone away from wifi using my providers data connection to check email and things like that. I just want the option to where If I make an unplanned stop at a coffee shop or stop to eat where there is wifi to be able to do more with my tablet than I can do with android.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

HD Stream $157 used at Amazon. From $200 to $284 new at Walmart. Wouldn't buy used. $200 not bad but for the limited niche I wouldn't spend as much for that because I can get a lot more bang for the buck. Not long ago a friend looking for his first computer asked me to find a good one at a good price. I found him a brand new Toshiba with 4 gig ram and 500 gig hard drive for $200 at Office Depot. But I don't need another full powered laptop.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I doubt your tablet has a full-sized HDMI port on it, but no you cannot connect a PC stick to your tablet and run Windows. Yes, the PC sticks use WiFi to connect to the internet. There is som talk about Microsoft providing ROMs available to flash Windows 10 on android devices, but that's not a solution that I expect would be available to you any time soon.

Are you sure there isn't an Android software solution available to use in lieu of the Windows software? Would you be willing to explain what specific functions you're trying to emulate and what specific software you're looking to use? Maybe I could offer a solution.