anybody like making pizza?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by snorton938, Apr 8, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

i like chicago deep dish. make a standard pizza dough with yeast and let it set under plastic wrap until it expands. then toss and work it out to fit a deep cooking dish. make a meat sauce using sausage and ground beef with onions, tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste plus seasonings (creole, basil, and oregano plus hot sauce). let sauce simmer and reduce for a while (after meet is browned). then i start to layer the pizza with chesses first (mozarrela and provolone) then add a layer of the meat sauce and then a layer of salami and pepperoni slices. keep layering until stuff runs out and make sure final layer is the meat sauce (keeps cheese from burning since oven is hot 375 to 425 degrees). then let it cook for 25-30 minutes until done. also add in olives and mushrooms too. here is what it looks like (what do you like to add in your pizzas and do you prefer flat or deep dish)?

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

What are you a freaking chef? You have all these recipes for everything.

I prefer to dine out for pizza. Pizza is basically cheap. Plus, you can't make as good of pizza as the restaurants do. At least, I don't know anyone that can.

I hate deep dish and thick crust pizza. I prefer thin crust or New York style pizza.

3. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

btw, the pizza in your photo does look delicious.

4. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

thanks for the compliment, and no, i'm far from being a chef. but i do love to cook. it lets me relax, learn and create. plus it's alot of fun (both failing at it and succeeding).

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Me too.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Here's how I make Pizza:
    I make a phone call and order a Dupe Special from Pizza Village on Moss Street in Lafayette.

I make a drive to Pizza Village on Moss Street in Lafayette and pick up my Dupe Special.

I make a drive back home and eat the whole damn thing.

I luuuuuuuuuv making pizza.

7. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

You drive from BB to the northside of Laf for a dupe special. WOW now that's dedication :wink:

8. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Here is how I make a pizza:

I go to the store and get a Boboli thin crust. I take it home and spread olive oil on it. No red sauce or white sauce. Then I layer slices of red and green bell peppers and onions all over it. I'll also slice some olives and sprinkle them around on it and then crumble some blue cheese on it as well. Then I spread grated mozzarella all over the top and slap it in the oven on a pizza stone. As veggie pizzas go, it is pretty good.

I too am a thin-crust guy. There is a great pizza place in Richmond. When I go there I get the thin crust with white sauce, caramalized onions, feta cheese and pineapple. That is a mighty fine pizza.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I live near the end of Gloria Switch. I take the back roads and get there in about 5-8 minutes depending on traffic.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm with you, Peabody. For me, pizza is a bread dish. The best pizza are made by the guys who are the best bread bakers. There is no art in overloading a pizza with toppings. When you pile them high with 10 toppings, sauce and about 2 pounds of cheese, you can't appreciate the bread.

Thin and crispy. Italian sausage, black olives and mushrooms. Easy on the cheese.