anybody like making pizza?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by snorton938, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nobody makes a crust like Fleur de Lis

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

This may be cheating but this is how I make a pizza. I buy one of those thin crusted frozen pizzas like Totino's or Tony's and then add my own toppings and extra cheese before I bake it.

3. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

when i'm short on time, i'll do the same with tombstone or whatever and add extra mozarella, provolone, pepperoni, salami, pepper, and whatever is in the house (ground beef and sausage too)......to me if it works and tastes good it's not cheating. :grin:

4. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

if you like bread pizzas, both sicilian (thick crusted) and pizza's made with french bread are great. also, you can use basic pizza dough to make calzone's with ricota cheese or leave the ricota out and make a stomboli which is just an inside out pizza (crust on the outside and fillings on the inside). and the reason new york has some of the best pizza dough is because of the water (hard water with lots of minerals). new orleans makes great french bread because of its water (crisp on the outside and soft on the inside). in orlando, the water is very soft and the breads come out "gummy". and if you try to compensate by cooking "more", it gets so overcooked that you can break a table with it. have a happpy easter.