Anybody see a major problem with this?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, May 15, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

as surely as i jaywalk or make illegal u-turns on deserted streets in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, or participate in office betting pools.

this is an idea that i have actually argued a bit over here, with tigereducated in particular having an incredibly hard time understanding.

right and wrong is independent of laws. i will always participate in an ncaa office pool, knowing it is illegal. the fact that it illegal is insane and stupid. same thing goe for most of the "sin" crimes like drugs and gambling and hookers.

we all break laws. they are not sacred. i have no problem with sensible drug users. i encourage them to make a mockery of the stupid laws against pot.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The world has really gone loco when a pirate is arguing on the side of the law. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :geaux: :lsup: :champs:

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Who exactly are you calling a staunch Republican. If you are referring to me you need to stop pretending you know me. I have never posted about my political affiliation nor voting tendencies and if you are indeed referring to me it is clear that you have no clue. :thumb: :thumb: :wink: :wink:

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That, my friend, is an oxymoron.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I applaud your bold lifestyle.

One must live life to the fullest and pursue happiness.

HOWEVER, don't do the crime, unless you are prepared to do the time. And please don't whine if you get caught, because it is NOT manly.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

You have SLANDERED ME IN A PUBLIC FORUM, SIR!!

Jean Lafitte was never a pirate! He conducted maritime raider operations against enemy merchant shipping under a Letter of Marque granted by the United States of America. This is an entirely lawful enterprise.

No man ever called him a pirate to his face.

BAH!! Now I'm very angry. A double digit win over the Vanderbilt Commodes today will assauge my anger.

PIRATE is a very ugly and insulting word. Perhaps I should sue you for hurting my feelings.

PS Pictured is my Letter of Marque, SIR!

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

i drink, and i am sensible. i am just lucky in that my drug of choice is legal. and if i was living under prohibition i would still drink, and i would think anyone who was scared to drink was a wuss.