Anybody tried TicketReserve for the NC game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex_B, Sep 24, 2007.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

In 03' my tickets were $125 for terrace. I'm thinking prices didn't go down since then.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

And to be clear, you only get a ticket if LSU makes it. You can't go anyway and buy a ticket if not?

3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Yes. You buy a "Fan Forward/LSU". Can only be bought/sold for the opportunity to buy a ticket to see LSU in the MNC game.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

From their site:

What is the face value of the 2008 BCS National Championship Game tickets?
    TBD

How and when will tickets be fulfilled for the 2008 BCS National Championship marketplace?
    Fulfillment details are TBD

What are the transaction fees in the 2008 BCS National Championship marketplace?
    7% for buyers
    10% for sellers
    $5 Minimum

5. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I try to think of more or less of a put your money where your mouth is sorta thing.

If you honestly think we are going to the NC and are going to want tickets then fork up the $95 per reserve fee and then another $125 when the tickets come in. So basically your paying $220 per ticket give or take a few bucks.

How much do you think the tickets will be come announcement time, much much more than $220. And if we play USC. Good god I see the tickets going for $2k a piece..

6. vector4

vector4 Founding Member

this seems like an idea where you want to hedge your bets....

like for each ticket you want you puchase LSU plus 2 others you think might make it. Then if LSU doesn't go and one of your teams does you buy that ticket and sell it to recoup your cost. If LSU AND another team you pick go then you win bigtime and get 2 tickets which you can probably sell the 2nd and go to the game free.

The fly in the ointment is who do you pick. LSU which is $94 per ticket. OU is $75 so maybe them. USC... they are the problem. Its $200 for a reserve on NC for them.

There must be some people pretttttty confident that USC is going the NC game...

The $200 price kinda screws with the gamble BUT I am sure even if you are in for $400 + your ticket price you can still sell NC game tickets for a lot regardless of which school goes.

So grab LSU, USC, and OU. And even if 1 of those goes and its not LSU you just need to sell your ticket for around $500 to break even. I guess the worst case money wise is if LSU goes and plays Texas or something then you just paid $500 for a ticket... but at least you get to go so it might be worth that.