Anyone chartered a bus for a road trip?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cpsilo1, Apr 2, 2006.

1. cpsilo1

cpsilo1 Founding Member

So we're going to charter a bus for the Tennessee game this year, and I was curious if anyone around here had done something similar and wouldn't mind answering these questions.

1. First off, what company did you use? Would you use them again?

2. How does the billing work? Is it billed in 24 hour incriments or is it actual days (i.e. does Friday-Sunday count as 3 days?)

3. Does price generally include tip for the driver or is that extra?

4. Are we expected to pay for the driver's hotel room, if so, does it have to be in the same hotel that we are in? I'm asking this b/c rooms in Knoxville are very limited and expensive for football weekends, and using one of the rooms that we booked on the driver would mean 4 less people have a place to stay.

5. I'm assuming that the driver is available absolutly whenever we need him (i.e 2:30 in the am after the bars close). Is this correct?

That's all I can think of right now.

Thanks

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

That can get really expensive. I know most companies lease hourly...when we have used them for irregular operations (ie cancelled flights) they charge for the time it takes to get to the destination. The return is on them. If you KEEP the bus I'd imagine it would be a daily charge but we've paid upwards of 500 to go from New Orleans to Gulfport.

I'd call one of the companies like Hotard and see what they come up with.

3. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We charted a bus for a high school state championship game when my daughter was a senior, I do not remember the name of the company but I think they were out of Hattiesburg, Mississippi

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Bus Supply Co.
    2084 Hwy 98 E
    McComb, Ms.

www.bussupply.com

toll free
    800-748-8681