Anyone else ready for NASCAR

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Rwilliams, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Bud shootout two weeks away. Been to Bristol a few time to watch the race. I like the summer night race more than spring race. Any other die hard race fans out there. Last time I was at Bristol I seen a truck that had from death valley to thunder valley wrote down the side. I had my lsu flag hanging out the window and my lsu hat on. Had several people come talk to me that were lsu fans and lots of people blowing their horn either giving me the thumbs up or the bird. First time I went to Bristol Tennessee was the spring race right after we beat Tennessee in the seccg. It was fun sporting my lsu gear that weekend. Rocketman Ryan Newman 's year!

2. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Always ready for NASCAR; we don't have enough fans on TF. Bad thing for me, I almost always have to work the day of the 500, as will be the case this year. At least I don't have to work until 3:00 or so, so I'll see most of it if they don't go caution crazy.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I can't wait to watch the race!

My favorite part is when they turn left.

5. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I'll be setting up a fantasy league soon (Yahoo). Usually have about 6-8 people (friends and coworkers). If any of you guys are interested let me know and I'll send you the info.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

My wife and I stay in gatlinburg when we go to Bristol. We've been three times. That is the largest stadium you can imagine. If you've been there you know if not just think of a stadium big enough to put ts inside. It's huge and the people were great. The first time we went I didn't know what to expect. I can tell you it's a great family enviroment.
    We spend all spring and summer cooking on the patio and watching the race on weekends. Both the wife and I love the racing. Ryan Newman #39 the rocketman dethrone 's Johnson this year! May Kyle busch hit the wall often!

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i think a few here (me included) echo those sentiments.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I could live with this, as it would give Smoke his first title as an owner, to go with his two as a driver. Nice trifecta right there!

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The rocketman has been my driver for years. He's great running by himself but a wall magnet in congestion. He has unfortunatly had some of the most spectacular flipping wreaks ever. I don't see how he's still alive. He took a lot more chances before he got married. He hasn't been the same driver since the pretty new wife came along a few years ago. When he switched from #12 to #39 that screwed me because it made all my #12 stuff useless. I have several junior fans that had to repaint entire rooms when the 8 went go 88. Doesn't bother me at all. I have always thought junior has under achieved with all the advantages he has had. Too much internal fighting and not enough focus. Johnson wouldn't be the success he is without knous (sp?) jj has the BEST pit boss in racing. Hope someone can dethrone him this year. His dominance is bad for the sport. Anyone but Kyle busch. M$m man is a superdouch!

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

speaking of smoke, he has lost a little weight, and he's startin to look pretty good. :D