Anyone else ready for NASCAR

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Rwilliams, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Helps with football withdrawl

2. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Regan Smith, 2008 Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year, pulls off the upset to win one of the crown jewels of racing, Darlington! not only it is his first career Cup win, but it's his first top 5 finish in his Cup career (took him 105 Sprint Cup starts). it's also the first Cup win and first top 5 finish for Furniture Row Racing.

notable drivers that have never won a Cup race at Darlington: Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, Kurt Busch, Jamie McMurray, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Clint Bowyer, Kasey Kahne, Juan Pablo Montoya, Ryan Newman, Dale Earnhardt, Jr, Brian Vickers, etc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

other drama at Darlington last night:

--Kyle Busch and Harvick fight -- Harvick pulled his car up to Busch's car after the race, apparently pissed off (they made contact a few times with Busch ending up sending Harvick spinning). it looked like that might have been the end of it, then they both followed each other onto pit road, with Harvick in front. then Harvick stopped his car and it looked like he was going to get out to go fight Busch. he sat there a while, perhaps his crew chief was trying to talk him out of it. then Harvick gets out of his car to go confront Busch, so Busch pushed his car into Harvick’s car, sending it Harvick’s car crashing head-first into the wall. While Busch was doing this, Harvick took a swing at Busch and Busch sped off like a little bitch. after that, both of their pit crews confronted each other before NASCAR officials called Harvick and Busch to the office. after they left the office, the reporters were in both of their faces and asked if they had settled things, and they were both basically like "nope." video:
    http://www.youtube.com/v/BaVIkHmdMn0

--during the contact between Busch's car and Harvick's car during the race, Bowyer's car was sent head-first into the wall, good thing he was alright. he was pissed when he got out

--Montoya and Newman apparently got in a fight after the race as well

--Montoya also pissed off Johnson by running him off the road (although i thought Johnson was acting like a bitch about it the way he was whining)

--Jeff Gordon took off with his pumpman still fulling his car, dragging him a bit. wtf Gordon? good thing the guy was alright

--another car almost ran over one of his pit crew, took off with the guy standing right in front of the car, like wtf? good thing he was alright too

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't think they (harvick & ears) fought last night but I bet it is coming. shrub is about to get his ass beat by the 29. I will enjoy every bit of it. Lots of kb in the wall will make for a very enjoyable NASCAR season.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have totally changed my tune about nascar and i love it. wnt to see travis pastrana win some dang races

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

There may be hope for you.:D