Anyone ever donate plasma?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by GregLSU, Sep 23, 2014.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Pretty much the same process, minus a slightly bigger needle. The machine takes your blood, spins the RBCs out of the plasma, and then replaces the RBCs back in to you. I didn't think it could any colder in there, then they ran the 500 ccs of cold saline to fill that volume void of the removed plasma... as soon as that saline hit the veins... I was freezing.

b_leblanc likes this.
  2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

They told me yesterday that my process would take about 2-3 hours being a first time donor due to the physical, the iron and hemo test, drug screen, and a gay 5 minute video of the entire process.

I got on the couch thingy, got the needle stuck in me... ended up sitting there 90 minutes with that harpoon in my arm. After about 45min to an hour... it started becoming a bit uncomfortable. All in all my process took from 2pm when I signed in until about 7pm when I was handed my debit card and got to leave. Hopefully the next 4 trips go a lot faster and smoother.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They should pay you a lot more if they make you watch a gay video:eek:

b_leblanc, wjray and GregLSU like this.
  4. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

They pay cause it takes so long. Now it can take up to four hours for repeat donors. The company I used to work for has a center up by the airport in Baton Rouge.

Miss working there just for the company paid trips to my favorite city.

GregLSU likes this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Thanks for some laughs, guys.

I remember the plasma center on Chimes Street when I was in college. I thought I'd have to be broker than broke to go do that. I hate needles. And these are larger than blood donation needles?

Those are pretty large. I'll only donate blood if someone I know is in need.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I was in England during "the mad cow."

I can't donate shit.

b_leblanc likes this.
  7. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Don't let those assholes fool ya either, I know biomat usa profits about $300-500 per bottle of plasma, depending on blood type, antibodies, and volume collected. Twenty bucks for 3 or four hours isn't worth the time.

Plus 17g needles are like pencil lead.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I have type B-, and apparently have become a favorite of theirs due to those specifics, 1000cc's later...

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I have donated blood in the past, the plasma needle isn't all that much bigger in all honesty. But the pain imo, comes from the fear of and not liking needles IV. To me IV is painful, but it's not all that bad. I was juiced out of my mind for almost 10 yrs, slamming 21g's in to muscle groups some thought were too small for the needle size... IM is no biggie, but when it comes to IV sticks I can't even watch or i'll pass out.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its not bad. I used to go do it for fun with a broke friend. and no scars.

GregLSU likes this.