Anyone ever donate plasma?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by GregLSU, Sep 23, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Gave at MD Anderson here in Houston a couple months back. I gave Platelets for a girl that had a Bone Marrow Transplant. Back when I was working, use to give blood all the time.

2. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

We had a donor once who told our manager that we should be a plasma center/sperm bank so he would have something to do with his other hand.

Yeah lol.

Bengal B and GregLSU like this.
  3. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Fuck that I work in the medical field and if the pain isn't enough to scare you, the sterility of these mobile donation sites who are usually conducted by a "nurse" with a tattoo artist who charges by the acre should frighten you into oblivion......stay away from mobile donation sites.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

To a vampire that would be a food truck

5. tigerchick46

Vampires would wear fangcondoms in those places. Filth.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I donate blood but will not do plasma. Seems like I recall someone telling me at some point that my plasma would be more coveted, although can't remember the reason.

7. tigerchick46

As I understand it simply, Plasma is more beneficial in creating life saving treatments for blood born illnesses.....donating blood is usually for those who have lost amounts of blood and need to be replenished quicker than the body can reproduce or need healthy blood, which the term "healthy" can be loosely interpreted at some mobile sites.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I would never ever go in to a one of those Bloodmobiles to donate anything. No telling what kinds of infections and germs run rampant in those busses. The place I went Monday and am going back to tomorrow is Talecris. They have a very nice office in Shreveport, very clean and everyone seems to be properly trained and professional.

Until I walked in there yesterday, I never realized there were that many people that live off their plasma money like it's a real job. Hell no, not for me. I made a commitment to do these 5 donations, and then I am done. Never again... only 4 more trips.

9. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Because its worth more money. Even when the plasma is sent to the fractionation plant, each 900mL bottle cooks down into one small vial of medication. Then the medication gets top dollar.

I hope and pray that anyone I know never has to use that medicine. I've seen that stuff have to get recalled due to donors lying on their physicals; new tats, piercings, medications, etc., that would have disqualified them. This kind of shit happens ALL THE TIME. Part of that recall (lookback) process is informing the patient that the med was tainted and there could be a problem.

10. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

I can think of many things that are fun giving plasma with a friend is not one of them. Unless it's a really hot friend :)