Anyone getting ready...

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by GregLSU, Jan 19, 2014.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Hell yeh... if you don't fish topwater try it. The sudden explosion on the waters surface is an adrenaline booster... just about my favorite way to fish for largemouth. Post some pics of your catches if you have any, would love to see them.

gyver likes this.
  2. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

image.jpg Caught these on a rattletrap. They were in 1-2' of water beside an 8' drop off. If we'd had more time we would've tossed a few jigs, den kid, or brush hawgs in there.

I love me some top water action. That day it just wasn't happening. A front was on us and it was in the upper 40's lower 50's. 65 deg water temp.
    The rivers rising 3-4' a day now so we were lucky to catch it Saturday.

GregLSU likes this.
  3. gyver

image.jpg 40+ pound Asian carp I landed on 17lb test and a Rattle trap.

LSUTiga and GregLSU like this.
  4. gyver

image.jpg Last pic. My son and future son-n-law, great young man but still a Gump.lol! With the stripes we caught also.

GregLSU likes this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Love the pics bro thanks for posting them up. Looks like your little one is going to be a good fisherman, as for that SIL of yours... I think i'd have to ban that gump jacket from the boat. LOL. Awesome catches though... you got me chomping to get back out. Hopefully these meds get me back to normal by the weekend.

6. gyver

Hope you make a speedy and full recovery bro. I came down with pneumonia in both lungs in April. It put me down for 3 weeks. Doctor said I was very lucky to pull through like I did. I lost 3 friends to the same stuff this winter, all 3 in their 40's.
    Hope you wear those bass and crappies asses out!

GregLSU likes this.
  7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Thx bro, appreciate it.

Here's the last one I caught before I got sick. Not huge but decent little bass, caught her on a chatterbait.

[​IMG]

LSUTiga and gyver like this.
  8. gyver

That's a nice bass right there. After looking at that bass. Think I may go this evening.

GregLSU likes this.
  9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Went out this afternoon from noon-2 and caught about 14 pounds in 4 bass. The big one was about 5-5.5 pounds... the other 3 ranged from about 2.5-4 pounds. And for a little extra fun, the chatterbait nailed a nice little 2 pound white perch.

Went back from 5-7:30 and notta... couldn't buy a bite. Wind was terrible tonight with 15-20mph gusts... sucked, but I enjoy getting out whether I catch or not. I'll try to get a few pics up through photobucket 1st chance I get.

KyleK and gyver like this.
  10. gyver

Come on Saturday! Turkey hunt in the morning, bass fishing the rest of the day. Going to be pitching jig n pig in those tree stumps and tops then throwing those weightless flukes and poppers down the riprap. Bonfire and grilling venison, wild turkey breast, and fish over that bonfire on my new tripod grill saturday night while enjoying a cold silver bullet.
    Oh yeaahhh.

KyleK and GregLSU like this.