Anyone getting ready...

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by GregLSU, Jan 19, 2014.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Where do you live? I may need to come jump in that boat of yours.

I haven't been fishing over the last week or so, had a failed treatment that left some fluid in my lower left lobe, so they have me on a stronger antibiotic... been taking itveasy instead of pushing it since i was threatened with a hospital stay if this treatment fails.

As soon as I feel like messing with it, I have a few nice Bass pics to post from the previous week.

2. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Come on. I'll top off the tank.
    I live in Alligator,Ms. About 10 min. from Desoto lake and the Mighty Mississippi river. The lake is about 10' higher than I like it but it's on a slow fall. Crappie are spawning and the bass were ready to spawn. The water dropped to 60 deg last weekend from 67 the week before and rose 17 feet. I'm going back to those spawning beds I found 2 weeks ago and see if I can't catch a few of them.
    A buddy found us a new turkey hunting area and we're gonna hit that at 5;30 Saturday morning. He heard 3 last weekend and killed a nice gobbler, 10 1/2" beard and 1" spurs. Should be a good weekend.

I hope everything goes well with your treatments and you avoid that hospital stay. You gotta get better, those bass won't hook themselves.

KyleK and GregLSU like this.
  3. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

I don't bass fish much but this evenin after work I planned on lookin for some specks but the wind kicked up a little more than the old skiff can handle so turned her up the bayou and found a few green trout. Biggest 3.17lbs.
    [​IMG]

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Good looking catch. I went out this morning from 930am-1200pm... caught 2 but missed 8. Apparently I lost my touch not fishing over the last 2 wks. They were wearing out the blk/blue chatterbait.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Well I somehow finally got my laptop to allow me to post here so I can post some of those Bass pics I talked about. Here are a few of the nicer ones I caught in the early spring to early summer.

Attached Files: