Anyone heard about this?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jetstorm, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Read Dandy Don this morning and it said Marshall is looking to get out of this year's game contract with LSU. Can anyone confirm this? We are really screwed if this happens. We'll almost certainly have to play a D1-AA team, possibly from in-state (like Southern, McNeese St. or Northwestern St.) What is the problem with us having teams cancel on us? Bowling Green did it to us last year. I think it's time to consider a new scheduling rule; if you cancel a game contract, it must be done 18 months in advance. Otherwise, you're stuck with it.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Are you serious ?? What the hell is up with that.

Jeez here comes another Citadel game. Wonderful.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I hear Colorado State and Kansas State are open that weekend and have less than 12 games scheduled. But will they add a road game in Tiger Stadium?

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Kansas State won't agree to anything less than a one-for-one, and Snyder only likes to schedule one difficult non-conference game a year, which this year I believe is USC (Southern Cal, not South Carolina). This is, after all, the school that played two 1-AA's and ULM last year.

Colorado State will want at least a two-for-one. Perhaps we can negotiate a two-for-one deal, with the CSU game in Mile-High Stadium in Denver (they play two games a year in Denver). However, if they know they've got us over a barrel, they may demand a one-for-one and it'll either be that or play a 1-AA team. We'll have no choice.

5. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

When you say 2 for 1, do you mean two there and one here? Or One there and two here?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

2 for 1, as in, two in Tiger Stadium, one at Colorado St (Denver or Colorado Springs, it's up to them).

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

it's all horse crap they just don't want to get their balls crushed cajun style.

9. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Why would they want to show off their cheap-looking stadium and ugly astroturf? It's not TV exposure...the game with LSU might be on TV anyway. It's that they don't want to play SEC schools.

10. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

Wednesday games......

The article also said Marshall was trying to get back to back Wednesday games on ESPN and ESPN2. Why are they starting to schedule games to be played on Wednesdays now. I hope LSU never plays a Wednesday game----or a Thursday game.