Anyone Here Live in Tiger Stadium While at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Nov 24, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Who here lived in the dorms in Tiger Stadium while at LSU? I was wonder what they were like? That place can't be the best place to live. I'm sure lots of wild stuff went on in there.

2. Tbay Bengal

Tbay Bengal Freshman

East Stadium was a blast!

I lived in East Stadium in 1987. My only complaint was that there was no air conditioning which made life rough the summer of '87, but I loved everything else about it. It's a "throwback" dormitory-no a.c., military-style showers and bathrooms, lots of stairs, etc. To stay in shape, I'd do pull-ups on the water pipes which ran along the hallway. Many times, during football season, a gate would be left open which led onto the field. Football at 3 am in Tiger Stadium is very surreal (yes, we played on the field one night). During football Saturdays, it was incredible. One was right in the middle of all the passion and excitement. I'd love to go back. My dad lived in East Stadium in 1958-what a year that must have been.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

My older brother live in the stadium in 1979. Helped him move in, it was an overn. He side that after a shower by the time you got to your room, you were soaking wet. Visited on game day once and it was unbelievable. He the moved to Hatcher, thanks to his experience so did I when I got there . GO Tigers !

4. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

I lived in west stadium and south stadium and it was hot 3 to a room hall bathroom and showers.... But it was also great because unlike other dorms we did what we wanted ie girls in rooms etc..... OH and we had to take pictures etc off our shelves because at game time vibrations would shake them off ... i remember having to move vehicle every friday so the Important people could park close

5. tiger0417

tiger0417 Freshman

My dad lived there in 1942 and 43 before WWII during his freshman and sophmore years. He was 16 years old and he lived on the 5th floor with no elevators. They would issue a student booklet for the games that was for a $25 fee. But, he had a scholarship so he didn't pay the fee.

There were 4 people to a room. Everybody was in ROTC. Weeknights bed check at 8:00pm and 10:00pm.

It was his 1st college experience.

:geaux:

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

South Stadium Dorm during the Jerry Stovall Era.

Cell Block accomodations. It was worth it just to for the experience of gameday. Awesome time to live there when the Tigers were at home.

I don't think that today's students would tolerate that style of living accomodation.

7. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter Founding Member

I lived in North Stadium my 1st semester at LSU in 1975. Very hot in September and October, no A/C at that time. During games, you couldn't stand being in the room, it was too noisy. Kind of a bittersweet memory though, as one of my roommates was killed in a motorcycle accident.

8. bolobolo

bolobolo Founding Member

I lived in South stadium for about a week. The rooms were huge but it was hot as hell. I moved to Power dorm which was a cool place to live as a freshman. Power dorm doesn't even exist anymore.

9. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

bolobolo, I lived in Power as well (in the early 90's). What happened to it? Did they build something else in it's place?

I had a roommate who lived in the stadium, and he said all the same things you guys are saying . . . hot like an oven, military conditions, and the stairs. But there was no more unique place to live at LSU.

10. bolobolo

bolobolo Founding Member

They tore down Power dorm and built student apartments there. They look nice. Power dorm was neat in that it had several wings to it. It was also near the freshman girls dorms. Had a lot of good times there.