Anyone know the other 3 teams on our side of the bracket?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ryan, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

Cal State Fullerton is on our side as they're our opening match-up. Who are the other 2?

2. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

LSU, Fullerton,Stanform, Gamecocks

3. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

that's Stanford

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

and remember it's the Stanford Cardinal, no not the bird, but a freakin COLOR!!! Damn, Political Correctness

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They used to be the Stanford Indians. I never knew if Cardinal was a single bird (unlike the St. Louis Cardinals) or a Catholic Cardinal. Don't laugh. A few years ago Sienna U was pretty decent in basketball and they had some kind of team name that offended the politcally correct so they changed it to the Runnin' Friars. On the other hand you have to applaud the University of Hawaii. They were the Rainbow Warriors and when the rainbow was taken over by gay groups and Jessie Jackson's Rainbow Coalition they dropped the Rainbow from their name and became simply The Warriors. Then there is Marquette University. They used to be the Warriors and dropped that name for something I can't remember even though they made the final 4. Why would anybody object to the name Warriors. A warrior dosen't have to be a Native American. A warrior can be a US Marine, a British soldier or even a tough guy who goes into battle for his team. A warrior can be of any race, religion or ethnic group. Any team that wants to drop the name Warriors out of some kind of misguided political correctness should strongly consider renaming their team The Weenies or The Sniveling Wimps.

6. whaleofacock

whaleofacock Founding Member

Well since this thread is going in this direction I will give MTC. PETA as you may or may not know wants us to change our nickname because (now get ready to laugh) it promotes cock fighting. What a bunch of wankers, of course our president sent them a polite letter basically saying "you gotta be kidding me" :dis:

Needless to say we will never change it, but some of these groups are just way over the top and need to be smacked upside the head.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

But...What else could you possibly use a cock for?:shock:

8. whaleofacock

whaleofacock Founding Member

LOL (yall really need a laughing smiley).

And to clear the air thats "GAMECOCK" to you. JK :cool: :)

BTW all the T-shirt vendors are drooling over the prospect of USC playing Oregon in a bowl one day. ;)

9. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I think Stanford should have to change their name. I find singular names anoying, and since I'm annoyed I have the right to demand redress.

10. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

I think you mean Oregon State. Cocks and ducks don't seem to be much fodder for t-shirts, but cocks and beavers .....