Anyone on here want to buy Nick's home?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jan 13, 2005.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Because he's a selfish egotisitical sob who doesn't give a rats ass about anyone but himself!

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Oh yea, that must be it. :dis:

3. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

This is true Tiger. All the property along that portion of Highland has a slope or dropoffs. Isn't that becasue the River use to run through that area? I had heard that is where Highland road got its name b/c it was above the river.

4. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

Well, Baton Rouge does rank worse than the national average in crime...so your argument on safety may be a little off.

http://batonrouge.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm

No need to belittle Miami b/c Saban decided to go there. It is a great city and I am sure his daughter will go to one of the best prep schools in the area...so rest assured, your safety concerns and educational concerns for her, while appreciated, are not necessary. :grin:

5. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

I believe that when the river would flood the overflow would run along Highland, the name given for the "high land". The levees that are up (around BR area)were built by the Army Corps of Engineers. The land that slopes down was due to a fault that occurred, not b/c of the '87 "Earthquake Game", even though I think more damage was done that night. :hihi:

6. slippery_pete

slippery_pete Founding Member

i do believe you are correct. there a sign downtown at the beginning of highland rd. that explains it. highland is pretty much the old river edge when the river levels were high.