Anyone pay attention to Peterson?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vshouse, Jan 10, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Let me ask everyone this....

Did you have a better feeling about Patrick Peterson after his freshman campaign, than you do about Tyrann Mathieu after his freshman campaign?

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

No. I feel better about Tyrann Mathieu after his freshman campaign.

Tyrann Mathieu plays with a tremendous amount of "football smarts" where I think PP's frosh campaign he showed more athleticism and agility. I still think that Tyrann has more football smarts that PP7 even right now.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Totally agree.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm very impressed with both Tyrann Mathieu AND Mo Claiborne. Both of them showed that they have what it takes. I agree with you on PP7.. His freshman year was more about athleticism rather than smarts. What he lacked in experience, he made up for by being superman.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And with his small stature, he is most likely not a risk to leave after his junior year.

Tyrann still reminds me a great deal of Laron Landry, as far as being absolutely fearless.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

T-Rex had a much better freshman season, but I don't think he's got the upside Peterson had at that point in his career. PP is just so physically gifted. But TM's presence makes me feel much more secure about PP leaving, if he does choose to come out early.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

by his own standards, of course he underachieved. And he did have a bad game for him. He was picked on most of the night. Looked like about 10 passes or so in his direction. completed most of em.

and he had a down 2nd half of the season compared to the first.

he also had a really bad game in the bowl last year against Penn St.

this is of course, against the standard he's set.

Regarding Mathieu, I wish people didn't keep categorizing him as best freshman. He's the most instinctive person in that secondary and best play-maker now.

If he was a jr or sr we'd see it as a great season period.

He plays much smarter now than Landry ever did. Landry is just a much more physical presence. Ill take the more smarter and instinctive guy any day.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Fuller got away with some things at the game. PP kept him in front of him and never got beaten deep.

T-Harold Simon is a good one, I like his size.

1 person likes this.
  9. vwinterr

vwinterr Founding Member

I've seen people saying he got 'abused' or 'schooled', and that's just insane...

Did Fuller catch a few balls, yes. Did his wr burn him? Did PP7 allow him to break coverage, and get 3 steps or more?

Fuller - 7 rec 83yds 0 TD's longest reception 19yds. That's 'abused'??

Wanna see 'schooled'? who was on TT?
    Tolliver - 5 rec 112yds 3 TD's long of 42

Remember to keep things in perspective. Did PP7 lock down his side of the field and intercept the ball every time it was thrown near him? No... but is that what we've grown to expect?? Of the passes I remember, he was all over Fuller. I'd be curious, but if you told me Fuller's YAC were under 10yds i'd believe you.

Draft status should be unchanged.

sidenote about pp7:
    Ever think he was instructed not to jam and be quite as aggressive every play to counter cramping? Maybe someone told him he needed to be explosive, but pace yourself? Just a thought...

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

draft status certainly unchanged but i think TT went from a 3rd rounder to a 2nd rounder.

he outran the ball on that one throw and I thought I was watching randy moss. im sure every scout took notice.

that almost defied physics when I saw it live. that ball was way overthrown. or so i thought.