Anyone pay attention to Peterson?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vshouse, Jan 10, 2011.

1. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

IF that was all 7 receptions on Peterson, yeah that is being schooled, especially for a parade all american, the difference between peterson and the guys that were covering Tolliver is that none of them are all americans. There is No doubt in my mind that Peterson will be a very good corner in the NFL, I'm just not sure he is going to be as great as alot of people think he will be......and I'm probablly trying to convince myself of this to have him back for another year.....a man can dream!!

1 person likes this.
  2. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I think Tyrann definatelly made more plays, and impact plays, however I think peterson is better suited to be succesfull at the next level that tyrann is, anytime a corner is as big as peterson is and can run the way he can it translates better in the pro's.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Julio Jones caught 10 passes for 53 yards and 0 TD's against PP this season. That's 5.3 yards per catch and no big plays on very safe high percentage passes. 5 yard quick slants and outs are almost impossible to cover especially against big time WR's. There is a lot more than number of catches that goes in to determining who got the better of who. Most of Julio's catches were 2 yards past the line of scrimmage and he fell forward for another 3 with PP all over him. NFL scouts say #1 corner and top 5 pick as a Junior. I'll take their word for it.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This will probably be the last time I talk about this because for the life of me, I cannot figure out why a few catches is being schooled.

ITS NOT

The DEFENSIVE scheme means everything.

If Chavis calls a play and that requires PP to line up a certain way, like soft zone, you think PP should just say phuck it can like up square with Fuller?

If YOU are going to blame a catch on PP, Blame the coach for not using PP for the machine he is..

D, line, aside from a few nasty blitzes on 3rd downs, our Pass rush was almost non existent in the Cotton bowl. Give a QB all day to throw and he WILL place the ball in the spot that the CB will have no chance.

Look at the catches, all, except like one, were close to a push off with the WT coming back to the ball.

Of the catches, ONE was when PP was in press coverage, PP played it close to perfect, but again there is not much a CB can do vs. a perfectly thrown ball.

Also, Fuller is not some run of the mill WR, dood is good, fast and big. Our scheme was set to give the underneath and not the deep ball, job well done.

But yea, I would have like a bit more aggressive calls on D. Not PP's fault tho.

IS PP perfect? NO, but he IS the best CB to come out of college for a LONG time.

and on the PSU game last year, check the field on that play, I dont blame PP...but thats just me, he clearly slipped.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Jones did catch a TD vs. PP.

About a 7 yard catch where PP messed up and gave the inside.