Anyone see a streaker in Tiger Stadium?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by emilyuts, May 4, 2006.

1. emilyuts

emilyuts Freshman

This is a very dear friend of mine and Thomas'. He gave me permission to post his private e-mail that he sent out earlier yesterday morning. If any of you were at LSU Stadium that day and saw this, and thought it was funny and in no way considered it a sex act, please get in touch with me, you can e-mail me from here, and I will get you in touch with him. Please ask your friends as well, or feel free to re-post this bulletin. I ask that you do not change a thing about it, if you do.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide him.

As many of you know I am the guy that streaked Tiger Stadium on September 4, 2004 during the rain delay prior to the LSU vs Oregon State game, hence the nickname "Flash". The legal ramifications for this indiscretion have yet to be resolved. On June 26th I am scheduled to stand trial by jury for a felony obscenity charge. Essentially, if I am convicted I will be considered a sex offender. While I agree that I should incur some penalty for this infraction, I do not agree with the District Attorney Doug Moreau's recommendation that I be charged with a felony. Additionally, this case has the potential to be used as a precedent for all future cases involving streaking or similar acts.

Here is where you can help if you are interested. I need a hand finding witnesses, who would be willing to testify that they saw me streak the field and that they thought it was funny or did not find it offensive. While people whom our social prejudices would find most influential (clean cut, pillars of society, moms) are preferred, anyone willing to testify would be very helpful. I am trying to compile as large a list as possible. Some of you have provided names of people in the past and I Thank You, but I need to find more people. If I have enough people to testify it will help to convince the jury and judge that these charges are inappropriate for the crime. If you or anyone you know would be willing to help out and testify I would be most gracious. If you could forward names and contact information to me I will contact them directly and pass the information on to my lawyer. I appreciate any help you can lend regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Flash

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Not exactly the smartest thing to have done. Tons of kids there at the games. Gave bad publicity for the school too. Enjoy the jail time. Best of all, you even gave Bubba a sneak preview of his future cell mate.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i agree, this in no way should been seen as a sex act. there should be a clear line drawn between stupidity and perversion. im more offended that jim hawthorne wears womens underwear.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Not a sex act at all. I was there & thought it was hilarious.

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

My wife and I were at the game, her first LSU game ever. I would not be able to appear in court, but would be willing to type up a testiment to the fact that it should not be considered a sex act. Even use the Ft Hood military header if that would be of any help.

6. col reb

col reb Founding Member

National tv. 90k+ including young children........If you wanted to show your butt, why didn't you try running naked in some of the stripper bars? Or any other decent lounge where you stood a chance of castration by an angry father or boyfriend? You disgraced your family (I guess), LSU, the state of La., and yourself. I can't imagine you asking a young lady to marry you and then telling her dad, "You remember me.....I streaked Tiger Stadium." I have seen young LSU students passed out by trees along the stadium. I have more respect for them than I do for you. All of us are guilty of bad choices. Your's was totally bad. Sorry but it was your choice and is now your regret (or do you?) Did you really think it was funny?

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Its a REALLY bad choice to do, but is it really worth ruining the rest of someones life over.

The national tv is BS because they never show that on tv, they turn the cameras away. And anybody in the stadium had to be sitting right along the sidelines or using binoculars to see anything at all.

Stupid YES VERY VERY Stupid, but not worth of a sex offender label, NOT when there are so many of those types of people walking the streets.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I have to agree with, ColReb here. The "streaking" was a conscious decision--I mean, it's not like he was taking a wiz in the bath room and the main door was being held open for all the world to see....or if he had gone "commando" under a pair of shorts and someone caught an "eye full". This was a situation (funny or not) in which the fact remains: THere were surely 100's, if not THOUSANDS of people that were forced to see someone expose themselves (they werent forced to see it for an extended period--but the moment an unsuspected set of eyes notices, then you've certainly "forced" them to see it). And Tiger Stadium is visited by young ladies, old ladies, small kids and everyone else. It's NOT just attended by people between 18-40 that MIGHT have thought it was just funny.

I can PROMISE you, there were enough sets of eyes that saw the streak that shouldn't have....or who's parents surely wouldn't have wanted their kids to be subjected to.

Is this label of "sex offender" harsh for something that a percentage of people found funny? Perhaps--but it's labels like that--for situations such as this--that will hopefully get people to think before acting in the future. Especially if their idea/ actions are possibly WORSE than this.

Sorry. Your buddy was caught red-handed. Even if you got 91,599 fans to testify that they thought it was funny and took no offense to it....but if so much as ONE person felt insulted, then he's guilty and he deserves the punishment.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think I remember hearing this guy was in his 30's too.

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

It was a much anticipated game coming off the BCS season. The rain delay had the crowd on edge I thought. It didn't bother me but at the same time I'm sure there's some fathers out there that would love to bust your ass. However, I disagree with the sex crime charge.