Anyone see a streaker in Tiger Stadium?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by emilyuts, May 4, 2006.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Looked like he was probably a student, not a smart one either.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

No way I will ever agree that someone deserves to be labled a sex offender the rest of their life for one bad streaking decision.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

How about the immediate lives of a little boy or girl who shouldn't have been subjected to that sort of behavior? The minute you start making a case for a grown man to show your little girl his private parts--no matter what the situation--is an open invitation for things like this to REALLY snow ball. He doesn't get this punishment now, and then before you know it, people will start streaking for high school games, or at McDonalds while you are trying to by your kid a happy meal...

And if there was ONE person close enough to see everything, and be offended, then I don't care how much actual TV time it got, or how many people couldn't see it...it's wrong.

Obviously, I disagree. If you're at home, and your neighbor willingly and consciously stands naked in his open doorway, would YOU want your son, daughter or wife to unwillingly exposed to that? It's not like this guy made an announcement and said, "Hey! I'm going to streak across the McClendon practice fields. If anyone is interested in watching me, come along!" No...he made that decision for everyone close enough to him.

And yes, there ARE more traditional sex offenders walking the streets. But if there are more severe penalties for exposing ones self (like "streakers"), then people will REALLY be forced to be held accountable for their actions, and their own life choices (careers, jobs, etc.) compromised.

4. BostonBengal

Maybe not, but this will keep others from being stupid enough to make that "one bad streaking decision"?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he was part of the faculty i believe. bright guy, im sure.

why is being nude illegal or offensive anyhow. we americans are so uptight. we are taught in a way that it carries too much weight. if not, kids wouldnt care either way but that won't change til many years of change if ever.

speaking of weight, unless you are just some nasty fatass it shouldnt be a problem.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Exactly. In Europe they have commercials on regular tv with nudity during the middle of the day and nobody cares. Nudity is a natural part of life.

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

That's a pretty broad statement, dude. :dis:

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Personally, I don't care if they do it more. I don't have children, but I think there are far worse things they could be subjected to than seeing a man run around naked on a football field from a few hundred feet away. There should be some punishment, but not this severe.

9. BostonBengal

ANd in some parts of Europe, they don't bath every day.... And that's my point. That is Europe. This is America. Our rules wouldn't nec. apply to them and vice versa.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Europe was just an example. Nudity is perfectly natural. Americans are too uptight, as Tirk said.