Anyone see a streaker in Tiger Stadium?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by emilyuts, May 4, 2006.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

so if your kids see an unbathed person within 500 feet you think that should be illegal because it scars them for life like the nude dude no one could see in the rain. who cares if they can anyhow. sounds like people should raise their kids to not care either way.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I can go with that. I think there should be levels of "sex offenders" then. Say....in this case of streaking, he gets listed as a sex offender for "X amount of years" (to be dependant on the severity) but not to exceed, say 5. After your term is up, it gets removed from your record--clean slate; gone forver. ...But do the same thing, or something similar and THEN, BOOM--permanent label.

3. BostonBengal

My point is that no one has the right to make that decision for someone else. If Joe Schmoe and his wife don't want their kids to see any of it, then why should some idiot make that choice for them?

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

What a dumbass. I bet he regrets that decision. My four year old daughter was there, and saw more than she needed too. I didn't appreciate that very much.

I played some football while in the Corps. One evening after a hard fought win, I climbed into my four wheel drive and did a bunch of doughnuts around the parade deck. I tore it up pretty good. Because I wasn't known as a trouble maker, and was a pretty good Marine, my 1stSgt let me off easy. He could have fried me and taken away my stripes. I worked my rear off for a week repairing the parade deck.

Second chances are good. The punishment must fit the crime. I don't want this guy labeled as a sex offender. He doesn't deserve that. Fine him, charge him with disturbing the peace and making people sick to their stomachs. His life shouldn't be ruined because of one stupid decision that didn't hurt anyone.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

That's life. You go in public places & you risk being exposed to things you don't want to be. I have people tell me I'm going to hell every time I walk through free speech alley, so what?

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

So for 5 years he has to knock on his neighbors doors & say he's a sex offender? For streaking? That's ridiculous.

It isn't a sex crime. It is disturbing the peace and several other crimes, but not a sex crime.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I thought it was stupid but funny and I wasn't in any way offended but I can understand why some would be.

I wonder if some of those posting here that were offended would have been equally offended had the streaker been Jennifer Aniston or some other hot women?

8. BostonBengal

Well, I can't dispute that (since I don't know the leagal definition of "sex crime" or how it's technically interpreted). If "streaking" is just lumped in there because of public nudity, then perhaps it does need to be addressed and corrected accordingly. But however the law is written today, is going to be how this case is handled.

9. BostonBengal

C'mon! Of course NOT! ;) :hihi:

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

No, the poster said that this case would set a precedence for all future cases.