Anyone still believe in the merit of Affirmative Action?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by rfalco1, Jun 19, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

lottery just isnt gonna buy that one. his plan is ending prejudice with more prejudice. and he cant see that racial preferences foster resentment and more problems. so he continues to ask for solutions, refusing the most obvious one.

and as long as affirmative action stays in place, the rational thing will be to suspect blacks who get ahead of not really having merit but having attained their position through a system that rewards something as stupid and arbitrary as skin color. and this is the worst possible thing for equality. blacks who favor AA get what they deserve, a free ride to being considered unable to compete.

the stupidest part is that many blacks who favor affirmative action do it out of selfishness, not realizing they ultimately hurt their race terribly.

2. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

The black kids get points added to their standardized tests. My question for you is- how is that fair to the white kids who also go to sub-standard schools? Should the kids who are more intelligent be penalized because they're not black?
    :dis:

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

yes, Martin folks like Lottery aren't dumb surely they realize this. I think they think the ends justify the means, once the guy gets in the job it will work out, not so, people have derogatory names that I don't agree with that they "bestow" upon the people who "obtain" :dis: these postions. it's a shame to see the lack of respect when another man of ANY race, could have done the work and gained respect for his race.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

i actually like racial slurs of all kinds, and encourage their use by everyone. maybe then we would grow up and stop acting like 4 year olds who are hurt by name calling.

i know there are destructive words to call black people, my wish is that were similarly destructive words to call white people, i would be more than pleased to use this word to describe people, and especially myself, demonstrating that words are just words. when people who are not in elementary school get angry over name calling it makes me confused, because it seems obvious to me that adult humans should laugh at racial slurs.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Just call em Auburn Fans. That'll piss em off.