Anyone still believe in the merit of Affirmative Action?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by rfalco1, Jun 19, 2004.

1. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

200 MILLION!!! The entire black population of Africa didn't exceed 200 million untill the 1900's. There is no way in hell that 200 million died from North American based slavery.

Most nonbiased sources estimate the total number of slaves taken from Africa to be around 30 million. With over half being taken to Saharan African and Middle Eastern countries. Only 12-15 Million were sent to North America and of those roughly half stayed in the caribbean and south american colonies. So where are the other 170 Million??? :dis: :dis: :dis:

2. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

I said 200 million killed in 200 years. 200 yrs. 30 million might have been brought over, which Im pretty sure the number was higher, but they reproduce, and their kids reproduced and the number added up. Further,

What are you talking about. White people sold blacks like they were animals, stacked them up, chained, to the ceiling of the deck of their ships. They were made to lie in their own piss and crap, and if they became sick, they were thrown overboard. What does that say about the moral fibers of the white race. White American slavery was the most brutal and devestating of any other slavery in the world by far.

Next, many of you keep saying what about the poor white kid being screwed and how this hurts him in so many ways. Show me the cases where this has happened. You don't see poor white students ranting about AA but it's upper and middle class adults, not kids, who are whining. Show me the cases where a white kid was wrongly screwed by AA.

Final point, many of you keep saying basketball is an urban game and thats why blacks are mostly the stars. The fact, though, is several of the black players come from middle and upper class neighborhoods. ie Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Tracy McGrady, exc.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Where do you get your statistics? You are saying that a million black people per year for 200 years were murdered? Did you make that one up yourself?

White people bought black people from other black people. There are good and bad of every race.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I can answer this one. Yes he made that up, Ray Charles could see it, even when he was alive.
    If you're going to make up statistics on the internet, try to make them a little less ridiculous. Then maybe it will take us longer to research and we won't realize you're credibility sucks right away.

5. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

6. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

15th/16th Centuries Catholic Chruch recieves $25 per head captured for Afrikans in the Holocaust of Enslavement(Slave Trade ) by Asiento Treaty while rich ( Christian and Jewish ) merchants profit from their ownership of the slave ships. An estimate of 200 million Africans are lost to this unholy trade, (15-20 million killed at Goree Island, alone).

http://www.ehhs.cmich.edu/~rlandrum/chronology.htm

7. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

What about the 200 million people who were lost in the Atlantic crossing? Very conservative estimates say that the slave trade, just the crossing of the Atlantic, bringing the slaves across, there were 200 million people who died just coming across. So great was the number of people who were thrown overboard that it altered the ecology of the ocean. The sharks even now trace, er, follow after ships along a trail, seeking the flesh that was thrown overboard in all those years, 200 years of the slave trade."
    -- Rep. Major Owens, (D) New York, February 1995

8. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

Of course its *adults* doing the *whining*, where do you expect to see kids doing it? Nickelodeon? MTV?
    Well, they do whine on MTV but its usually about homophobia or some other pablum the producers instruct them to whine about, but that's a different issue.
    I contend that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a program designed to give a hand-up to kids who do not come from privileged backgrounds, do not enjoy the benefit of first-class schools, economic security and the benefits that arise naturally from that.
    I also contend that such a program would help many, if not all, of the black kids that you (and I) want to help.
    Are you saying that if such a program also helped white kids, similarly situated, that its not an appropriate program???
    What you seem to be saying is you want to give a special benefit to a black kid whose parents make $500,000 a year (they do exist you know? not all black kids are raised in poverty!), go to an exclusive private school and have all of the benefit of economic security, yet do not succeed academically despite these resources but NOT to a white kid who is raised by a single parent with limited resources (they do exist you know? not all white kids are raised in the lap of luxury), go to a poor school district and have no family structure, yet succeed despite the hardships?
    The system you seem to advocate would help the above black kid, but not the white kid.
    To me, that is not a well-designed program whether you *hear* white KIDS bemoaning it or not.

9. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

There are programs for poor white kids, just as there are programs for rich white kids(legacy). Once again, I say, show me the numerous cases where a poor white kid was denied a job or college entrance by a rich black kid. Waiting...... No duh there are alot of rich black kids but those kids( and when i say kids i mean college teenagers smarty) still face discrimination.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Owens the marine biologist or democrat for AA.?

this is lunacy, this has never been brought up on any documentary that I know of. You people just manufacture bullsh!t and expect people to acept it as fact. Just because some two bit Rep. said it doesn't make it so. 200 million dumped overboard? that's a million a year. Do you realize how long it would take to do that? There wasn't a million ships coming over in one year. Statistically that would be like 100 ships ( reasonable ) throwing 10,000 slaves overboard every year for 200 years. :shock:

Now it might be believable for one or two years, although not likey but for 200 years? These are grossly exagerated numbers. I realize the numbers of humans wasted was very high but even if they lost 500 slaves a trip, the numbers would mean that would have happened 20 trips in one year. I would think they would take measures to keep this from happening, since it was a business back then.

If you have some hard facts, not just summations from a politician, I'd be glad to check them out. Until then man what you're saying is worse than the Holocaust and is somewhat unbelievable. 5-10 years OK unlikely but MAYBE.
    200 years is just ludicrous. The Shark thing was just stupid, sharks might follow ships today but I doubt they are waiting on supper. Sharks may work on instinct but I bet their stomach's catch on pretty quick when the supper bell doesn't go off.