anyone think the worth of the regular season title

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kjunsausage, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

was reduced after the gators beat lsu into submission by 16 and stomped us in similar fashion at the end of conference play? im afraid our banner will only look legit to us tiger fans.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

No. That's why there is a conference championship and a conference tournament championship. They are two seperate things.

3. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

i realize that but when you get embarrassed by the so called tourney champ twice anyone other than tiger fans prolly would think our title is counterfeit.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He's dangling bait, Parso. Ignore him.

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I think you have a point if LSU doesn't make a strong case for itself in the NCAAT, but I think they will. Even if they don't, this would be very similar to the USC debacle. We have the hardware proving it... in this case a banner... It'll still be in the books.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

The game was a lot closer than that score indicates. It was a good game by our tigers, we just didn't finish it and we let Florida walk away with it at the end. Nobody is going to think our title is counterfeit.

7. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

Only people who watched the game will think of it like that. Everyone else will read the espn story which is titled....Florida Rips LSU.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I've told you this before. Nobody else gives a crap. It's all about the ACC and Syracuse this week to the majority of the country, thanks to ESPN.

9. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

And why would it not be? Duke is at the ACC Championship game for the 9th straight year and Syracuse went from a bubble team to what probably will be an 8 seed.** I was just saying those who did not watch game and care about basketball will read the title on ESPN.com and that says it all.

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Sounds like you're outta the same bag of nuts as Billy Packer.

Fudge boy has got to be ripped that he's stuck doing the lowly Big Ten final while Dickie gets to go to Heaven to do the ACC final.

Yesterday, Packer couldn't wait to say the ACC has a winning record against the Big Ten this year. They won the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.... but we we're 6-6 against them.... even my g'baby knows that's "same, same".

Plus, of the teams actually IN this years dance, the Big Ten is 5-2 against the ACC, 6-2 if somehow Michigan gets in, 6-3 if FSU gets in... but will Packer ever mention that.... never!

But, I'll stop... as I'm sure you're good friends.