Anyone tried the new Coca-cola C2?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUdude, Jun 15, 2004.

1. LSUdude

LSUdude Founding Member

Just curious if anyone has tried it yet. Supposed to have the same taste as regular Coke with 55% less calories, sugar and carbs. I am seriously addicted to Diet Coke with lime and might have to give this a try.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw it for the first time yesterday. I had one in my hand when I realized it wasn't a regular coke so I put it back and bought the real one. If somebody will try one and tell me it tastes the same as regular coke I'll try one.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

not sure how this passed marketing research....diet coke has 0 carbs 0 calories and half the world is addicted to it. no one will switch for half the calories/carbs of regular coke. ppl want none or the real stuff. pretty silly.

4. xxdavitonxx

xxdavitonxx Founding Member

Ive tried it, its ASSty, might as well drink a diet coke. I have actually tried all the coke products, C2, Lime & Vanilla Diet Coke taste ruff.

this carb craze is getting out of control.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Try Pepsi One. 1 calorie, but it tastes more like a sugared cola than Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

After you get used to the diet drink taste, then the regular ones with all of the sugar taste nasty.

I used to be regular Coke all the way, but now I'm addicted to Diet Coke. I wouldn't want that C2 garbage--and, yes, the low carb craze is getting ridiculous, as people are getter fatter and fatter anyway.

7. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I have had several and i think it tastes much better then diet coke. it is almost the same as regular coke IMO.

8. bolobolo

bolobolo Founding Member

I'm drinking one now that I just got out of the freezer, ice cold. I don't think it tastes bad at all. Pretty close to the real coke.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

havent tasted it but i think i agree with tirk. hard to imagine anyone switching away from diet coke or regular coke. you either want the sugar and taste of coke, or you don't and you stick with diet. anything else seems to be for a market in the middle that i am not sure exists.

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

The problem is that they are using aspartame in C2. If the braintrust at Coke would have used a little insight and went with Splenda (Sucralose), they might have hit a market they haven't tapped yet. However, the people who don't like the taste of Diet Coke because of the aspartame won't drink the C2 for the same reason. The only thing I can make of this is that the Splenda ran up the price of the product, making it unprofitable.

BTW, I tried one (C2) for the heck of it and threw it out after a couple of sips. Still has the aspartame aftertaste (the whole reason I disklike diet drinks). Won't be buying any C2 any time soon.