Anyone watch rousey get destroyed

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Jan 3, 2017.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@tirk Just watched the link GDF posted. I care nothing about UFC, and don't know anything about Rousey other than her name, her record, and that nice .gif @Richdog uses of her taking her shirt off at a weigh-in. But it seems to me if striking power is a weakness and her background is in judo, why would you stand there in a boxer's stance and try to trade punches? Go low, get inside your opponent, take her to the mat and go for a submission hold.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Let the champ explain it to you. I love the straight forwardness from most all the Brazilians when interviewed.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Don't think that GIF is of Rousey but another fighter but been a while since I have seen it.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Wow, so she doesn't even have that going for her? O-ver-rat-ed (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Oh richdog has miesha tate my favorite. Well since Gina carrano is not around anymore.

[​IMG]

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. Her record and myth was built on arm bar tap out. That's how she won 95% of her matches. But then she KO'd some weak fighters, it went to her head, and her whole strategy changed. Instead of grappling and submitting, she tried becoming a striker full time.
    It worked in a couple of fights until she ran into Holley Holms. When she tried it with Holms, who's actually a professional boxer, she got her ass handed to her in an epic beat down which was even worse then what Nunes did to her and it destroyed her confidence and identity. Like @tirk says, Rousey is not a striker. And by the way, Holms has also had the shit kicked out of her too since she beat Rousey, so it's not like Holms is a very strong fighter either.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017