anyone watching Brandon Bass tonight on Espn??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Mar 26, 2003.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

he is playing in the McDonald's High School All American Game he is going to be on the same team as LeBron James.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Thanks

Now I am.

3. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

How did Bass do?

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

He played well. I saw atleast 7 points including a 3 pointer. It looks to me like he's got great size but also has great coordination. He also looked good catching the ball in traffic on a fast break.

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Bass had about 10 pts and a few rebounds, 1 block and another block that what is called a jumped ball. He started off slow but picked it up in the 2nd half. can't tell a whole lot from an all-star game like that when little defense is played. But it appeared he could handle the ball relatively well, was pretty good at driving to the basket.......although he missed the shot he made a nice move down the baseline to the goal. appears to be extremely athletic.

there were a couple of point guards in that game that were incredible ball handlers....especially one whose name escapes me made a no look pass just past mid-court down into the lane....impressive. Being Minor is the #2 ranked PG in the country you would hope his skills are as good or better than the PGs in that game. Heard Minor is playing in an all star game in a few weeks....be interesting to watch....odds on going off on the ref?

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Didn't see any of the 1st half but Bass had about 7 straight points for his team in the second. Seemed to have a good feel for the game. He looks put together well and hopefully can contribute next year. We'll need him.

What position does the kid from Kentucky play? Is he expected to get some playing time next year or will he be brought along slowly?

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Lavender was the point guard that looked outstanding. He is about 5'7" tall and is going to Oklahoma. I thought, along with Bass, Ebi the kid going to Arizona, and Outlaw the Mississippi State signee, were all outstanding in the game.