Anyone who dogs out Carey out, step forward NOW...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

We just paid $400 a ticket for our Sugar Bowl tickets on Sunday. Drove an hour to meet a loyal Tiger Fan (and user of this site) in order so that we could see this once in a lifetime event.

Sadly, the demand for ducats in this area is such that at this time of year, combined with LSU's success and the stakes, the prices that the market will bear can quickly spiral out of control. Having said that, if there weren't people out there paying the $400, like myself, or even much higher, then the market wouldn't be there, and those tickets wouldn't be so sought after and/or expensive.

The market-and indirectly, the environment-was created by LSU fans, and opportunistic ticket scalpers like Mr. Impastasto in Nawlins.

Here on this site, a ticket broker selling $250 Sugar Bowl Tickets, a considerable markup in and of itself, not even speaking to the fact of its patent illegality, spread like wildfire, with people throwing caution to the wind and giving out 16 digit valid CC #'s, and expiration dates, just for the chance to pay $100 more than list price for the tickets to see the Tiger's play.

Any of you who have expressed interest in paying more than face value (and I'm talking $151 even) for a Sugar Bowl ticket, I better not catch any of you talking down or demeaning Shyrone Carey for the sale of his tickets.

The Chinese Bandits did it. Players on this team OTHER than Carey were doing it. Players in year's past were doing it.

I've got good friends who use this exact avenue to obtain a majority of the tickets they get to LSU sporting events. If you're not aware of it, I think you must have your head planted firmly in your arse.

For those who would demean Carey, your silence in all the years of knowing this type of behavior and actions took place amongst the players on our team without your protest speaks much louder than any howls of those of our fanbase who would seek out and mark off their territory, calling it the "alleged moral highground".

This sh!t happened before you all started bitching. It will happen after you all stop. It's going on right now. Some of you have actually taken part in the process, admitted gleefully to it on this very site, and are hypocritically speaking out of both sides of your mouths at this point.

Someone hold the soapbox steady while I step down off of it...

2. pattonquad

pattonquad Founding Member

Sounds Ramahish

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Sounds Lair-ish...

4. Guzzlingil

Guzzlingil Founding Member

Does anyone really think that of the 28 bowl games.....that LSU is the ONLY school with players selling tickets.....??....I guarantee they aren't.....

5. beatemdown

beatemdown Founding Member

How did they find out dough? Did somebody play tattletell or something??

6. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Hey TE.....

I thought you purchased your tickets from that nice man on this forum that could not decide on which of his children to bring. If so, it's hilarious if the same guy charged you more than face value. I remember him saying he got them from LSU. Hey, this is the way the world works, right?

Shyrone is an idiot. If you knew the way SHY set the whole thing up, you would NOT defend him. It's his own fault. Trust me on this one.

Hint.........the people that went to pick up the SB tickets WERE NOT his "cousins". Not even the same race!

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What a DUMBASS! All he had to do was to pick up the tickets himself. Was it total stupidity or was he just too lazy to do it.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with a player selling his tickets except for the fact that its a rule violation that can get you suspended. A lot of these guys come from poor backgrounds and the NCAA won't even allow them to have a job like other students can. Not that they would have the time to go to school, practice football and work.

8. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

You can give your tickets to anyone you want. You put their name on the guest list and they show up with picture ID. There is no problem with that.

Trust me when I tell you that the team had a meeting with the compliance group from LSU warning them about these illegal activities and their consequences. Shy's own fault for not playing within the rules.

And don't call out "other" players for doing this and not getting caught. Commend those who play by the rules and did NOT sell their tickets.

9. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

It's real simple. You know the rules. Don't break them and don't jeopardize the program.

Whether or not they should be allowed to sell them is another subject.

Everything else is excuses.

10. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.