AOL CEO: 'Obamacare Is an Additional $7.1 Million Expense For Us'

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mancha, Feb 6, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No, it was to reduce health care costs. Something its not doing currently.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Health law has many points and is far more complex than that. One was affordability, that does not mean make it cheaper, it means to control the steady spiraling costs of US insurance that exceeds all other countries because our insurance industry was making all of the rules. But it was also intended to address people who wanted to pay but were denied by the insurance companies for pre-existing conditions. Also to stop the rising costs of emergency room care of un-insured people, many of whom were overt freeloaders. It will allow Louisiana to get rid of its charity hospitals which is socialized medicine pure and simple.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

But a CEO worrying about 7 Mil is not complex? It is simply, "greed"?

You are goofy dude.

4. red55

Clearly.

And you are out of arguments and logic. Dude.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

How exactly are people going to suffer from gaining healthcare coverage? Further, no one has ever claimed that the law was perfect or that it might not need some revising as we see fit, but to claim that it will make people suffer is not true. The law was not rushed, in fact the individual mandate had been decades in the making at the Heritage Foundation. That said, it will be years before we know to what extent the law is effective and, hence, my openness to making changes as we deem necessary. But as I've said all along, I believe the fundamentals of this law are sound and will meet their intended purpose of stemming the rise of health care costs by including more people in the system.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

WOW, you chewed on the suffering part didn't you. I thought you would be able to understand the adjective, but I guess not.

You can believe all you want, the facts are the law is not working as intended.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You haven't said anything other than your own opinion. It is pointless to debate an opinion.

The facts are the law is not working as OBama said it would. Sorry this pains you....

8. red55

Your opinions included.

The fact is that you don't understand the law very well. Not my problem.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No I do and as of right now, it is not working as intended and the promises made are not being kept. Hell, Obama has said this himself..... He even told O'Riely this.

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

your words, not mine.

and you've still yet to produce any evidence that the law is not working, nor can you. we haven't even seen the law fully implemented so your insistence that it isn't working is based only on your opinion and is without merit.